𝐃𝐎𝐒

"When I paint a person, his enemies always find the portrait a good likeness

"When I paint a person, his enemies always find the portrait a good likeness."

-Edvard Munch

CAPÍTULO DOS
YOU, AGAIN
PRESENT DAY

aviva's pov

THIS was actually impossible. The more I'm overthinking this, the more my insanity is reaching. This self portrait is supposed to be simple, only if I had anyone in my life who truly influenced me to do art. Today was supposed to be a day off from school and focused on the main objective. Laurel had invited me to one of the city's Japanese gardens for a picnic and artists gathering. Unfortunately, my head wasn't thinking properly about this final, that even Laurel could see through the faded facade I carried myself towards.

Here I was, supposed to have a afternoon picnic. Laurel bought sketchbooks and endless drawing pencils in hopes to start searching for inspiration towards our final. She was going for a simpler choice and decided on doing her sister for her final. Meanwhile, I just kept staring at the sketchbook and aggressively holding the pencil that Laurel had to stop just to look at my distressed expression.

"You clearly don't know who or what you're dealing with, do you?" She said as she voiced concerns over my mind. "I'm sorry, it's just the more I overthink this; I lose track of what to do." I said as I put down the pencil and put my hands on my face of shame and agony. "It'd be easier if I had a family who cared for my future, but when I don't; you'd expect me to just ace this. I simply can't." I said as I grabbed a grape and swallowed it with agony.

Laurel simply reached out her arms to hug me, and I tucked into her embrace. She held me in a way to comfort me as it's clear that my mind just isn't working. "Let's start out simple. What was the last person in your mind that made you think, this person will work out." She said as her embrace was comforting me. "Jude Bellingham..." I slowly said before continuing, "Is there anything wrong with that?" I asked as I looked up at her.