Part 2 Of 4: Paralysis

I believe that this might have just been ordinary sleep paralysis, but yeah I dreamt that I woke up in my bed. I know it was a dream cause the room was lit with a dark blue light. I felt I couldn't move and there was a small ringing sound in my ear. I wasn't to bothered at first thinking that I should just go back to sleep, but the ringing started to get louder and I still couldn't move. It felt like I was struggling to breathe like I was suffocating and the ringing became so loud it was deafening I tried to move and couldn't so I tried to jerk my shoulder to get on my back. After the second attempt I succeeded and I woke up in the position I was trapped in

This dream appears to be a classic case of sleep paralysis, which is a relatively common phenomenon. Sleep paralysis occurs when the mind wakes up before the body fully regains its ability to move during the transition from sleep to wakefulness. During sleep paralysis, people often experience a sense of immobility, accompanied by various sensory hallucinations or feelings of pressure on the chest. In your dream, the dark blue light in the room may symbolize the boundary between consciousness and the dream state. The feeling of being unable to move and the ringing sound in your ear are typical symptoms of sleep paralysis. The initial lack of concern suggests that you were somewhat aware of the dream state, which is common during sleep paralysis episodes. The increasing intensity of the ringing and the feeling of suffocation could be manifestations of anxiety or panic during the dream. It is not uncommon to experience a sense of fear or distress during sleep paralysis due to the disorienting nature of the experience. Your eventual success in jerking your shoulder and waking up indicates that the dream cycle ended and you were able to regain control of your physical body. Overall, this dream is likely a reflection of your personal experience with sleep paralysis. It can be helpful to remember that sleep paralysis is a natural process and not harmful, even though it can be unsettling. If you frequently experience sleep paralysis and it disrupts your sleep or causes distress, it may be helpful to speak with a healthcare professional for further guidance.

For context this happened right after the previous dream. If you struggle with recurring paralysis then I hope this gave you some good advice or knowledge on the matter.