Una, buong akala ko ay mawawalan ako ng boses, pero hindi pala. Fate of Esher took Selvyna's singing voice, but I am Selene Lopez of the Earth, and our distinction is clearly not connected. I don't know if I have other powers but I am sure there is still some energy left in me.

The General brought me to the Palace, and I haven't heard of Valan since then, nor have connections through Lutch and Admiral. All I know were the reports sent to the news about the West. the states are now in peace, the reports are appealed, and the government is on the move. It felt like time had come by so fast, and all we ever did was to embrace it.

"Tulala lang?" Frencia said and chuckled. "Miss niya talaga eh."

"Tumahimik ka," utos ko sa kanya sabay panlalaki ng aking mga mata. "Iniisip ko lang kung ano ang mukha noong babaeng dadalhin ng General sa Palasyo."

"Ah, Lady Miracle? She's beautiful," she said, munching two dumplings in one go. "I've seen her before, marami-raming beses na rin. But, she's a different person right now, kaya excited din akong makita siya."

Mabuti na rin at naiba ang usapan namin. Ayokong malunod muli sa mangungulila dito dahil wala naman akong karapatan. What we have was just an obligation of him, protecting the cargo until it arrived to the Palace. Tanga lang talaga ako dahil nahulog na naman ako sa mukha na 'yon.

I can't go back to Earth, my body died there. It is just an ill-fated life, and Selvyna's soul has already left the realm. I am stuck here, and trying not to fill my days with longing. We had finished the picnic and it was now time for Frencia's royal lessons. Minsan tinatakbohan niya 'yan, pero lagi siyang hinihila ni Elliot pabalik.

Lord Elliot is the same age as her, he's taking lessons with the first Prince of the Kingdom, Professor Leveius. Lahat sila may kanya-kanyang gawain, ako lang talaga itong bored.

"Selene."

I heard the Queen's voice from behind when I turned to a hallway leading to the library. I immediately made a courtesy call before I approached her. "Your Majesty, may kailangan po kayo sa akin?"

"Have you heard the news about Valan arriving?" she asked. Bakit siya lagi ang unang tanong sa lahat ng mga nakikita kong tao. Even Professor Leveius asked me about my insight into Valan's arrival.

"I did, your Majesty." I hid my discomfort but she's too quick to notice my self-esteem running low. "I will be fine, your majesty."

"I know," she uttered. "But, you must also know that he's returning to the West after the Banquet."

Napamang ako sa kanyang sinabi. "Did you give him a mission?"

"I wish I didn't, but he is the only person I can trust with this mission," she said, drawing near my post and holding my hand. "They are still looking for you, your Kingdom is in chaos. The sea is unsettled, making fishermen stop their jobs because even a single fish cannot be seen around the reef. The trial hasn't ended, Selene. For Selvyna, it may, but for you, it is still running."

"The transgression, my tears," I said and she nodded.

Fate of Esher brought me here to enter a transgression that she created. She took the voice of the mermaid as half of the trial, and the other half would be cultivating my emotions for the fragment tube. She needs my tears for they hold powerful emotions.

"It looks like I cannot avoid Valan," I said, half-smiling.

"Be ready," the Queen said, and gave me a determined look before she let my hand go. "Remember, you are still a mermaid. Even without the voice, you still have Selvyna's power, it just needs to be—-"

"Unlocked, in short I need to get fucked by my mate, I get it."

"Selene," she said, trying not to laugh with my words.