Ch. 20

"mother looking at me, tell me what do you see? yes i've lost my mind. daddy looking at me, will i ever be free? have i crossed the line?" all the things she said -t.A.T.u

-------
"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay then."

Mountain leaned against the wall, Kasdeya pacing back and forth in front of him. Dewdrop still hadn't shown up, but knowing Rain, he would have them there shortly.

"What if she doesn't recognize us? Not that I care but she left when I was nine." Kasdeya was biting down on her knuckles, anxiety taking over her for some reason.

"Kas, mothers always recognize their children," Mountain said in a soft tone, wishing there was more he could do to comfort her at the moment.

Like Mountain had thought, Rain and Dewdrop showed up, Dewdrop leaning against the wall with Mountain and Rain. "Has she been like this the whole time?" Dewdrop asked, his eyes following Kasdeya back and forth.

"Yeah, I don't know why she's so nervous. I understand some nerves but this bad? Her knuckles are going to be bloody and bruised by tonight." Mountain sighed, fixing his posture as his back was starting to hurt.

"When mom left Kasdeya was the one he went to, mainly because she looked a lot like her. But when we were really little, he was gone for a while, and the three of us were happy. We seemed like a normal family but he eventually came back and it ruined Kas." Dewdrop explained, hating how to had to bring it up to them. But they didn't know what happened between Kasdeya and their mom.

"Kas mentioned that he told her how your mother never wanted you two, how does that change your view?" Mountain asked.

"It doesn't, she's still the person who left us and never came back," Dewdrop said in a dead tone, punishing off the wall when Copia came out.

"It is time," he whispered, allowing Kasdeya and Dewdrop to go in. Rain and Mountain stayed out, leaving the twins to have their space but still at a safe enough distance if they needed help.

Dewdrop grabbed onto her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze as they walked down the small hallway. The pentagram was on fire and all the candles were lit, the fire growing brighter as the twins walked in. Dewdrop dropped his sister's hand when a figure came into view, but it was accompanied by two smaller figures.

"Dropling, Kassy," Janice took a step toward them, two kits clutching onto both of her hands.

"Who are they?" Dewdrop spoke firstly, looking at the kits who were nervous themselves.

Janice swiped the hair back of the ghoul, the ghoulette still clutching onto her hand. "Dropling, Kas, this is Mira and Mats."

"They're yours, aren't they?" Kasdeya spoke this time, a glare fixated on her mother.

"Yes, Kas, they are. And your fathers," Janice looked down, her stomach full of guilt.

"Our fathers?" Dewdrop repeated, shocked by what she had just claimed.

Kasdeya scoffed, getting pissed off. "So you left us when we were nine and then went back to him to start a new family? Mom, do you not remember the whole reason why you left?"

Janice sighed, knowing this would come up, "He's changed-"

"Changed?" Kasdeya looked at her like she was crazy. "He obviously hasn't for the reason you are up here."