𝟑. Some Vigilante You Are

Phoebe is frustrated

Phoebe is frustrated. Restless. Hungry. Which is enough to make anyone a little annoying, so picture that for the chosen one of violence and blood.

It's the only thing she has in mind. Blood. She should've taken any little gig Harrow could have given her. Anything to satiate it because, the way the night is going, someone is going to end up dead. Killed. Massacred. Butchered. Slain... She has to stop thinking about it.

"I really don't think Kass is the bad guy," Zagreus keeps trying to hammer in her brain.

"I just don't believe her," she answers again, seconds from ripping her earphones away.

"You always believe women."

She stares at him, her mind going in factory reset for a moment. "I don't... Look, this is different."

Phoebe is tired of this conversation. It's only been ten minutes, but from what she's seen, Kassandra is some girl at a bar who knows way too much and did way too much. Maybe Zagreus is desperate to find someone linked to Olympus who doesn't hate him, and if that's the case, she understands, she does. But in those matters, she's the one who'll protect him.

"If she's so innocent, why ask you?" she lets out, walking down the dim lit street. "From the bottom of my heart, with all the love I have for you, you're not the one to ask if you need help, especially not with the Pantheon."

They want him dead. Dead-er. Simple as that. And she could loosely understand why... Loosely. Something about a God-for-hire with the power to kill them wreaking havoc wherever he was aimed must have not sat right with them. Even if Zagreus is always cryptic about his past, this, she can gather. With what Phoebe has been doing these past two decades, they'd be stupid to think that they haven't caught wind that Zagreus isn't as dead as they think. Phoebe figures they'll be coming for them.

He knows so.

"Technically, she hasn't asked for help," he reminds her.

"She will, just you wait." Even then, she doesn't trust her.

"Why can't you just believe her?"

She sends him a look. "Because you do it enough for the both of us. Someone has to stay skeptical, or we'll end up tried in Delphi." Which is, needless to say, suboptimal.