Chapter 14 - Bedazzled Hell

The arrow pierced his heart, and he fell back onto the food table. Wow, killing Chase Hatchett was really that easy.

Everyone immediately started running, and screaming. Some people dropped their drinks, then others were slipping and sliding around the floor. I kinda feel bad for laughing at this mess I created.

I straightened out my dress, and hid the bow and the quiver full of arrows behind the huge red velvet curtain. I casually walked back into the ball room, and no one was there. Not even Chase. I wonder if someone dragged him away.

I stood admiring my work, then went and took a shot of vodka. It stung my throat and I coughed a few times but I kept it down. But I deserved it, I took down Chase. Haha me, a teenage girl who didn't even really have a purpose in life till about a month ago.

"Ivy, go to the safe room. We got it unlocked." Emily's voice said in my ear suddenly.

"Wow, that fast?" I asked her.

"You probably don't wanna know how we got it open." Jake slurred. I wonder how drunk he is.

"Yeah you really don't want to know." Maxton clarified.

"Uh, ok then. I won't ask." I said as I walked into the hallway. No one was around, not even the guards. I bet they all gone off looking for me.

"Hey, where is the safe room?" I asked, I don't really want to get lost in this place. "Never mind, I think I found it." In front of me stood at least ten foot tall steel doors, and one was cracked open a bit. Just enough for someone to squeeze through.

"Ivy, people are coming back into the ball room because the Queen is about to make a speech. Just so you know." Maxton told me.

"Ok thanks. Where did you guys go anyways?" I questioned him.

"Well, Jake ran off somewhere. Last time I saw him he was talking to a girl." Maxton said and I rolled my eyes. I knew Jake for about an hour and I already kinda knew his whole personality. "I'm in the ballroom again with everyone else, and no idea where Emily is."

"Haha, Ivy you are gonna thank me later for this!" Emma exclaimed.

"What did you do?" Maxton and I both said in unison.

"Well, I took out a bunch of the guards and tied them together with their own suits! Anddddd I'm leading them off your trail. So you are home free!" Emma squealed, and I took my ear piece out for a second and could still hear her plain as day, as if she was standing right next to me.

"Thank you! I owe you something after this." I told her. Then I walked into the safe room.

I stood there gawking at what I saw in front of me. There was a spotlight on the necklace, and I'm not going to be surprised if the whole thing was made out of gold and real diamonds, because that's exactly what it looked like. It was glittering, and the locket dangled down, but it was so small. I wonder what could be so important in that little locket.

Looking around the room, there was tons of paintings on the walls, and then knight armor, horse armor, swords with fancy handles, more jewelry, and basically everything you expect to find important to a Queen or King was in here.

Next, I did something any professional, and highly trained assassin would do; I grabbed the display case the necklace was in and bolted, not bothering to shut the door behind me.

When I got out into the hallway, there was two guards walking, their backs faced towards me thank God. I slipped back inside just in case, closed my eyes and tried to calm my racing heart. This is getting to be very stressful. I kept my eyes shut and was focusing on my breathing when I felt a hand on my waist. I didn't need to open my eyes to know who it is.

"Chase." I said, still closing my eyes.

"Hey Princess. You know the Queen threw this party for you right?" He told me.

"What?" My eyes snapped open.

"Yeah, now if you excuse me, I think you have something of mine." His hand was still on my waist, and now the other on the door above my head, and he was leaning down to talk to me.

My eyes winded as I realized something. "Woah woah woah wait."

Chase smirked, which I found cute but annoying. "What, Princess."

"How the heck are you not dead?" I practically screamed at him, and used wild hand gestures with my one free hand. The display case with the necklace was tucked underneath my arm.

"Bullet proof vest." He unbuttoned his shirt to show me, which I found very unnecessary.

I rolled my eyes. "Ok smarty pants. But you aren't getting the necklace. See ya bye!" I said the last part very quickly as I pushed through his arm and tried to run. Unfortunately he caught my wrist and flung be back inside the safe room. I flew through the air and landed with a big thud on my back, which knocked the wind out of me. Miraculously I still had the display case with the necklace. Fortunately, he flung me by where the weapons were. Oh and lucky me, there was a bow and arrow.

I got to my feet and turned my back to him, I didn't hear footsteps behind me, so he's not coming to get me, just standing there. But he also snuck in the safe room without he hearing anything so I'm not sure if I should really be trusting my hearing when I'm around this man. I turned around and shot an arrow at him.

"You got good aim for a princess." Chase said with a smile, staring at the arrow in the wall next to his head.

"If you practiced hard enough you could too." I told him, drawing up another arrow and kept it fixed at him, watching his every move.

"Let's make this easy. I steal everything here, and we both leave this place acting like nothing happened. Deal?" Chase said as he walked up to me and stuck out his hand. I lowered my bow. I looked up straight into his sky blue eyes, admired his tussled blonde hair. Wow he kinda looked attractive. No, I can't think of that. Eventually I have to kill this man. I told myself, again.

I took his hand. He smirked, and I laughed internally. He thinks he won me over. Then suddenly pulled it straight down, causing him to fall. Then I jumped on his back, making sure to dig my heels into him. With that, I took the display case. "How about no."

I ran down the hall. I urged my legs to move faster and faster with every step. Oh my gosh it's hard to run in heels, and in this dress. I quickly stopped and threw off my shoes. By now, I was where I shot at Chase. Just then, someone grabbed my waist from behind and turned me around, pulling me close to them. At the same time, I heard a gunshot.

"Careful." I looked into Chase's eyes. He smiled. "I just saved your life." I quickly made sure I was still holding the display case with the necklace, then he pushed me. How rude. But at this point I had one shoe off, and the other still on so I was terribly off balance. I stumbled back a few steps before he caught my hand and spun me back to him. Another gunshot.

"Saved you again, can't let such a pretty face die." He smirked and ruffled my curled hair. I looked at him in awe and disgust at the same time.

"How did you-" I started to say.

"Ivy don't ask questions. No time to explain, follow me. Unless you want to die." Chase said with a shrug then he was the one running down the hallway. I leaned down to throw off my other shoe, and another gunshot. Now I was scared out of my mind, I checked my earpiece to talk to Emma, but it was gone.

I followed Chase because I didn't want to die, but why am I trusting my worst enemy?

_______

Sorry this is a late update, I kinda forgot and was busy.

Have a good day everyone!

- Randy