Garbageman

Back at The Turtle's Lair

Donnie and Cheyenne were on their computer researching the island. "So, turns out this is the best-run landfill operation not just in the city, but in the entire country." Donnie said to them as the others surround him and Cheyenne. "Best-run doesn't mean best." Leo said to him. "It just means most profitable." Jesse said to them finishing Leo's sentence. "Come on, you two. What could they really be up to out there? They're right in the middle of the city harbor." Raph said to the two. "Well, if business is as good as Don says, anything they want to. A few payoffs in the right hands can go a long way." Cheyenne said to him. "We need to check this place out." Jamey said to them. "Something stinks on that island..." Mikey said imitating Schwarzenegger. "And it ain't the garbage." Tasneem said in a terminator voice. "Yeah, keep trying, you two. Someday you'll get a winner." Raph said to them as he and Jamey slap their siblings on the back of their heads. "Hey, come on. That was pretty good." Tasneem said to them as she elbowed Mikey's side and giggled before they both follow the others.

The turtles leave the lair and they leave the tunnels through a large water outlet pipe. When the eight arrive where the island was they stare out at it. "Looks harmless." Cheyenne said to them. "It's quiet..." Jesse said to them. "Maybe too quiet." Leo said to her. "Now see! How does Leo and Jesse make that line work?" Mikey said to them. "Ya, how come those lines work for them and not us?" Tasneem whined making Cheyenne leans over to the two younger turtles. "It's because their emotionally connected." Cheyenne said to them making Donnie smile at her. "Emotionally what?" Leo asks her while looking at Cheyenne. "When two people finished each other's sentences or know what the other person going to say it's because of their..." 

"Emotionally connected."

Donnie and Cheyenne said in unison making the two look at each before looking away blushing. Leo looks over at Jesse and he gives her a slight smile. "This might sound cheesy, but I really think you are great." Jesse said to Leo making him look away from her turning red making Jesse laugh a little. "Let's go, guys." Jesse said to them then she dive into the river with Leo, Jamey, Raph, Donnie and Cheyenne. Tasneem looks down at the water nervously making Mikey walk over to her. "Hey, are you okay?" Mikey asks her making Tasneem look at him.  "I'm just a bit nervous. I can't swim that well...I know...it's stupid for a turtle not being able to swim well. Cheyenne is helping me at time." Tasneem said to him while looking away shamefully. "I don't think it's stupid." Mikey said to her giving her a sincere smile. "You...you don't?" Tasneem asks him while looking at him. "No...I don't...come on, I'll help you..." Mikey said to her while extended a hand out to her. Tasneem smiles at him and she takes his hand before the two jump into the water and start swimming.

The group arrives at the island, they run past stacks of junk, moving towards the island center trying to look for the homeless people. Mikey was still holding Tasneem's hands until he stepped in a sticky substance. "Eww. I don't wanna know what I just stepped in." Mikey said making Tasneem look at his foot. "Mikey, focus." Raph said to him. A spotlight shines through the darkness and the ninjas duck out of sight as a guard vehicle drives past. Then the turtles climb a tall hill of junk at the top they look down into a deep pit surrounded by fencing. There was a factory right in the middle of the island there were there a several buildings from which searchlights shine. The group can see all the homeless people that the garbage truck had taken where working as slaves, moving the trash and piling it up. They were all chained together while guards who were armed with tasers standing by them ready to shock them if necessary. "Unbelievable." Leo whisper to Jesse who nods. "You can say that again." Jesse said to him. "This is making me sick." Jamey said to them while Raph pulls out his sais. Cheyenne sees a pool in the center of the pit starts to bubble then the garbage truck rises from the pool. "Eww. Gross." Tasneem said to herself as the truck drives onto a raised platform and then backs up to a ramp. The back opens and spills some more homeless people into the pit. "That's it." Raph whisper shouted as he tried to get up but Jesse holds him back. "Hold on, Raph. Look." Jesse said as she points at the garbage truck which was coming to a halt. They watch as the garbage truck opens and a ramp lowers then a huge man in a mechanized wheelchair rolls out of the vehicle and he has mechanical appendages attached to parts of his body and is filthy. He laughs maniacally while raising the mechanical arms in the air and his name is Garbageman. "That is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen." Mikey said to the while pointing at the man. "Dito." Tasneem said to him. "Just this once, I totally agree with you two." Jamey said to them.