Darkness on the Edge of Town

In New York

The Next Night

In the lair, Mikey and Tasneem were reading comics together while sitting very close to each other. Leo and Jesse sparred in the middle of the lair, and Jesse showed off a little for Leo's amusement. Raph was lifting weights while Jamey was punching a dummy with Raph watching her at times. "What's up with the big cheese? He's been zoning in there all day." Mikey said to his group while Tasneem was leaning on Mikey. "It's that ninja symbol. It's got sensei all weirded out." Leo said to him as he dodged a kick from Jesse. "As it should." Jesse said as she tried to punch Leo who grabbed her hand and then he pulls Jesse close to him. "Do you know something we don't?" Leo asks her as Jesse stared into Leo's eyes. "I'm just guessing since he did seem on edge when Mikey showed him that foot symbol." Jesse said to him and the two stand there staring at each other. "Enough of this waiting around! I say we head top-side, kick ninja butt, take ninja names, and find out the whole ninja story for ourselves." Jamey said breaking the silence of Leo and Jamey as she kicked the head off the dummy and it went flying over to the younger turtles landing into Mikey's bag of chips. "Whoa!" Mikey said looking at the dummy's head. "Remind me never to get on your bad side, big sis." Tasneem said to her. "Too late." Jamey said to her as she smirked over at Raph. Raph nods and walks over to her, the two of them walk towards the exit making Leo and Jesse jump over to them and land in front of them. "Hang on, Raph. No one's going anywhere." Leo said to his brother. "And that goes double for you, Jamey." Jesse said to her sister before Jamey or Raph can respond they were all interrupted by Donnie. "Guys! Check this out!" Donnie calls them making everyone walk over to Donnie and Cheyenne. "We hacked into the power company's computer system." Donnie said to them. "Looks like there's another blackout down by the South Street Seaport." Cheyenne said to them. "I smell a rat, and I don't mean Splinter." Raph said to them and he walks away with others following him but Jesse and Leo. "Hang on, guys. Splinter told us-" Leo said to them making Raph cut him off. "Not to go after the ninjas. He didn't say anything about not investigating power failures." Raph said to him as Jesse stands next to Leo. "Excellent. I have a few new surveillance toys I wanna test." Donnie said to them as the group walks to the exit making Leo sighs making Jesse looked at him. "Wait up! It's tough being the leader." Leo said to Jesse as the two follow the group. "Tell me about it." Jesse said to him but what the turtles didn't know was that Splinter was watching them.

Later atop a bridge, the turtles look and see a whole part of town is pitch black. "Total blackout." Raph said to them. "Just like last night." Jamey said to them as Donnie goes through his bag. "But this time, we came prepared." Donnie said to them as he pulls out special goggles making Mikey snatched one of the goggles from Donnie and then puts them on. "Awesome! Total turtle vision!" Mikey said as he waved his hands in front of his face. "Night vision, actually." Donnie said to him as he grabbed Mikey's goggles and put them on. Donne then gives the second pair to Cheyenne who gives him a smile. "How do we survey such a large area?" Jesse asks Leo while Cheyenne puts something on her ankle. "We came prepared for that too." Cheyenne said to her making Donnie stand back from the rest of the group. Donnie pulls a cord from the backpack he was wearing making the backpack open into the wings of a hang glider. Cheyenne puts on two sleeve pieces that sit on her arms and a piece of fabric unfolded and connected with the ankle bracelets she was wearing on each ankle making her look like a flying squirrel about to take off. "We've been dying to try these." Donnie said to them making Cheyenne nod. "You mean you both haven't tested it yet?" Leo asks them. "Dude, how are they supposed to test flying machines in the sewers?" Mikey asks him. "We'll stay in touch via shell cell." Cheyenne said to them. "I've worked out all the theoretical aerodynamics. It's practically fool-" Donnie said as he runs toward the edge of the bridge. "PROOOF! WHOA-HAH-OH!" Donnie yelled as it sort of seemed out of control. "But is it Don-proof?" Raph asks himself. "Don? Don!" Leo calls his brother on his Shell Cell. "I'm okay. No problem." Donnie said to him as he heads straight for support on the bridge. "Uh oh." Donnie said as he quickly turns. "Whoa! Just forgot to compensate for the wind drag on my bo-staff." Donnie said to them. "My turn." Cheyenne said then she ran and jumped off the bridge but she had control and she glided. Cheyenne lands glided next to Donnie who looks at her. "I love your design of the flying squirrel technique." Donnie said to her. "Thanks, I love your design too, the arrow dynamics are incredible." Cheyenne said to him with a smile. "Thanks." Donnie said to her with a smile.