Baby Bats: Introductions

AU that I thought would be fun. It's short, but, hey, it will be multiple parts! For some reason, I'm on a BatFam kick. Specifically Cass. And, well, who am I to deny the hyper fixation? Oh, and if you like this premise,  gotthatbrainrot (won't let me tag them) has a definitely better version called Babysitting Duty.

Part 1/3?

-•-

"You can't be serious!" Robin exclaimed in disbelief.

"I don't see why not. They all already know your identity, and by default, mine. I have a work trip in Europe for a week and I already promised Alfred that he could have that time off for vacation. Do you know how long it's been since he agreed to one?"

Robin couldn't really object any further. Alfred did deserve a break, and Bruce couldn't take all of them on his work trip. "Could you at least take Cass and Damian with you?" He tried to compromise by getting rid of his most difficult siblings.

"I took them last time, Dick. Damian was not a fan of the airplane, and Cassandra didn't like all the strangers."

"Yeah, but... Cass doesn't know the team, either! How is that going to be better?"

"Because she'll have you, and she already knows a few of your friends. It won't be the end of the world for the team to watch your siblings for a week. I'm going to pay all of you."

"I guess." Robin mumbled. He realized that he didn't have much choice.

-•-

"$500 dollars a day?! Each?!" Artemis exclaimed.

"$100 a kid. I can promise you it's not enough." Robin was annoyed that his friend's' intelligence was resulting in forced labor.

"That's $3,500, Rob! For BABYSITTING for a week! I've done that $250! $3,500 is more money than my mom gets A MONTH!"

"They aren't your siblings."

"Thank God. I'd rather have Jade than 5 younger siblings."

"Shhh!" M'gann hissed. "They'll be here any second!"

"Batman B-01. Access granted, Batman B-01."

Soon the Bat entered with his pile of kids. Most stayed around him, but he held a baby in one arm and a little girl on his hip. Despite the team knowing that none of the children were actually related, they did find it funny that they all had black hair. And they realized a little too late that five kids looked like more than it sounded.

Batman nodded towards the oldest boy. "So this little rascal is Jason. He's nine. He's well behaved, but has a mischievous streak. Cassandra is also nine. She's pretty well behaved, but English isn't her first language, and she's nonverbal. Don't expect chatter.

"Tim is seven. He's too smart for his own good. He'll hyper fixate on anything conspiracy. Duke is six. He's new to the family, so he may be shy. He loves to play basketball. Damian is only nine months old, but he's already figuring out how to get what he wants."

"And mastered the evil grin and laugh." Robin added, side-eyeing his baby brother.

"That too." Batman added reluctantly.

"Sounds like fun!" Wally declared. "Hey guys!" He opened his arms.

Tim barreled into them. "Wally!"

Jason grinned at Artemis. "Hey, Artemis! I got some new spray paint!"

"I told you not to bring that!" His father snapped. The kid just grinned in return and Artemis gave him a thumbs-up.

"Well, you kids get the run of the cave," Rocket said, suddenly a little skeptical about this gig. The three boys on the ground ran off to explore.

Robin took the baby from Bats. "Alright, we've got it from here, B. Go enjoy yourself on your trip."

"Alright. You kids call me if they get too out of hand. Canary and Wonder Woman said they'll watch them overnight, so you're just on day shift." He looked reluctant to leave.

The little girl on his hip was even more nervous, holding on tighter. "Go on, Cassie." Her father coaxed. "You'll be ok." She shook her head.

"C'mon, Cass." Robin gently bounced the baby, who was starting to fuss. "Wally and Arty are here, too."

"Yeah!" Wally encouraged. "Come here, kid!" He put one of his hands on her side, another under her opposite arm. Bruce loosened his grip and Cass let Wally take her. "Ooh, I love your dress! Is it new?"

She nodded, looking down at the yellow button up she'd picked out at the store a few days earlier. She wiggled her foot, showing off her new black Mary Jane's that she had gotten on the same outing.

"Whoa! Those are some pretty shoes!"

The Bat took the opportunity to slip out. Artemis came over. She and Wally distracted Cass from looking over as the zeta tube announced his departure.

Tim had started up a conversation with Aqualad, asking him a million questions about Atlantis. "How many people live there? Can you talk to fish? Do you eat fish? Why do you eat fish if you can talk to them?"

Kaldur did his best to answer the boy's pressing questions. "Many people occupy Atlantis; but I'm not sure exactly how many. As for talking to the fish, we can't really understand them much. So, it is not so bad to eat them; it is like you eating beef."

"Oh. Ok!" Tim was pleased with the explanation. "How do you breathe out of water if you have gills?"

Dick hurried over to intervene. "Tim! Those are very good questions, but you need to give Kaldur a break. Why don't you go play tag with Jason and Duke?"

"Ok." Tim was reluctant, but he went to go play with his brothers.

"Be careful!" The eldest quickly added as Jason leapt over a chair to avoid Duke.

"Ummm... this is going to be interesting, isn't it?" Zatanna asked.

"Don't say that I didn't warn you."