"Mexican."

---

In history the next day, Maggie was drawing little wisps all over her notebook. Mr. Yukimura smiled at the class. "It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. One you'll recognize from last night's reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. Who was he? Malia."

The werecoyote was holding a highlighter in her mouth like a bone and drawing red lines. Scott's phone chimed with a message and Mr. Yukimura said, "Scott, phones off." Scott did so as Mr. Yukimura asked, "Malia? One of our greatest presidents. Gettysburg Address?" Maggie's phone buzzed with a message. "Maggie, phone off." Caleb's phone buzzed. "Caleb, phone off."

Someone else's phone chimed and Mr. Yukimura said again, "Phones off, everyone. Malia?" He sighed, knowing she wasn't going to answer. "Does anyone else know?" Everyone raised their hands but Maggie and Caleb.

Another phone chimed and Mr. Yukimura cried, "I said phones off!"

"Dad, that was yours," Kira said.

"Oh," he answered, picking up his phone. "Um... Scott, Caleb or Maggie, call Lydia."

They made their way to the Animal Clinic and Deaton said, "I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in mind, too."

Lydia glanced to them. "He didn't recognize either of us." She let out a sigh. "And he looked like he was scared out of his mind."

Stiles thought for a moment. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?"

Scott frowned. "A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek lives in a loft."

Maggie shook her head. "As a teenager, where did Derek live?"

Lydia glanced to her. "The Hale House?"

Deaton nodded. "He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet."

Lydia narrowed her eyes. "Hold on. Say you manage to catch up to him. What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?"

Maggie jerked a thumb towards her friend. "Since this guy sucks at lying, I can do it. I'm a good liar. Really not a good thing, but I'm the best liar we've got."

Lydia sighed at her words. "Oh. Well, good luck with that."

Stiles glanced to Maggie. "She's right, Maggie. You shouldn't do this. Maybe you should wait until things get back to normal. I mean, until we can figure it out."

"Stiles, I can do it," the blonde said.

Scott turned to his friend. "Maggie, you know as well as I do that he can hear a rising heartbeat. We should tell him the truth."

Deaton glanced between to the two of them. "If he gets to the house first, you won't have to."

Maggie looked at her friend. "Scott, I'll be fine."

The four of them made their way to the station and the sheriff pulled them into his office. "I'll handle this. I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest. Have you been time traveling?"

"Hang on, what?" Stiles and Caleb asked.

The sheriff continued. "Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichen House."

"We found him like that," Stiles said.

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?"

"No. We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake."