Chapter 4 | Act 1

[3 years later]

(Vergil POV)

I've been training for the past couple of years in secret. I've managed to make my sword techniques in my previous life compatible for my child body. I was gifted a wooden sword by Reynolds on my 3rd Birthday, which was a couple of months to their wedding, where I met Tabitha's husband, Vincent, who was also Father's brother.

[Flashback]

"Gil, say hi to your uncle!" Harvey pointed to Vincent, who waved at Vergil.

"Hello there Vergil! I'm Uncle Vincent! Look at me, bleeghhh."  Vincent said, trying to make a funny face, which failed to make Vergil amused. (A/N: Bro's barfing)

"Father, he looks deranged." Vergil said, faking being scared by hiding behind his father's leg. (A/N: As we say: "We do a little bit of trolling.")

"Ehhhh!?" Vincent fell and hugged his knees, Vergil swore there was a imaginary thundercloud above Vincent as he feinted sadness.

"Pfft. Little bro, get up, we're still in a wedding." Harvey said to Vincent, stifling a laugh escaping his mouth.

[End of flashback]

I heard that he has a Auction house that receives items ranging from mundane to downright exotic or absolutely powerful and useful. I woder if I'll find something worthwhile there.

My father planned on training me, I heard stories about his and mother's time of being an adventurer. Perhaps I'll try to be an adventurer as well. But my mother wouldn't allow it with a good reason.

"So Gil, are you ready to train from your pops?" My father said, grabbing a wooden sword.

"Yes, father." I said, grabbing my wooden sword as well.

"First, what are you, a Augmenter or a Conjurer? I believe your mother has already taught you about that." My father asked.

"I'm an augmenter Father." I replied to his question.

"Show me."

I augmented my body, and dashed towards my father. I tried to feint a attack by jumping, seeming like I'll attack his upper left side, but when he was about to block my attack, I used my hands and grabbed the sword to rotate me to where I was now attacking my father's lower right side, hitting him cleanly. (A/N: Think of him at first being upright, until he rotated his body to where he was upside down.)

While that didn't do anything to him, he was certainly surprised about that move.

"Gil, where did you learn that move?" My father asked.

"I didn't learn that move Father, I was moving through instinct." I said, I couldn't say I saw it in the adventurer guild since this move was made for my short stature.

"Atta boy! That's good, your instinct are your best friend in a fight. Take it from me, adventuring has many parts that are unpredictable, if you purely depend on strategies, you will be dead in a couple of minutes once your plan is broken." My father told me.

"Now, may you show me your stance with that sword Gil?" My father requested.

Complying with his respect, I got into my stance, though not fully making it my original stance, leaving mistakes here and there to make it look like a amateur's stance.

"Hmmm... Your stance, it looks like a stance for a kriegsmesser or a longsword rather than a broadsword, or dagger. Move your leg a bit to the left, and your arm slightly more raised. Move down a bit more and keep that stance." My father said, analyzing my stance.

(A/N: Think of this stance)

(This is a kriegsmesser)

My father was spot on with the mistakes. And he had a good guess on the weapon too, guess a blacksmith has his strong points.

"Say, how about this, when you get older, what about me making you a custom-made sword, right to your specifications." My father presented the idea. It wasn't a bad idea, but I wanted to make my own sword made by me. I knew how to make a sword on my previous life since I wanted to make a backup weapon. Perhaps I could build one in this world.

"Father, can you teach me smithing?" I asked my father.

"Why do you want to learn smithing?" My father questioned.

"I want to make my own sword, maybe I'll become closer with my weapon, and I'll be able to repair my weapon when it gets damaged." I replied, that was a lie, just needed an explaination to why I knew how to smith.

"Good answer, alright, I'll train you in smithing as well." My father smiled, and motioned for me to follow him.

[A few minutes later]

We got to my father's shop, and we went to the smithing area of my father's shop. There I could see, a lot of ores, and materials like wood, rope, and feathers, all in an organized pile. While I would rarely use bows and such, having a ranged weapon could be a good addition to my arsenal once I get something like that adventurer's ring. (Dimension ring)

"Alright then, I'll show you how to smith."

--------------------

A/N: I have no idea what the hell happened with the last few lines getting removed, but I fixed it. I think... Damn this kinda scuffed ngl.