20. Haru More Like Hero

Start from the beginning

"Nice to meet you!" Aang shouted while waving his hand.

"Hey, wait a second. That guy's got to be running somewhere. Maybe we're near a village and I bet that village has a market." Aang said in realization.

"Which means no nuts for dinner!" Luna cheered happy that they don't have to have nuts for dinner.

"Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts." Sokka said defiantly until Momo and Harmony flew over his head making noises. (Harmony was shrunken down).

"Yeah, I hate them, too." Sokka admitted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aang was right they found a small village not too far away from them and decided to look around to see what they could eat for dinner.

"Great hat. I'll trade you some nuts for it." Aang told a guy as he tried on a hat.

"Look, it's him." Luna whispered to her brother and Aang as she saw the earth bender, they saw earlier walk into a building across from them.

"Hi, mom." the earth bender greeted his mom when he walked in their store.

"Where have you been, Haru? You're late! Get started on your chores." Haru's mother scolded him.

"Hello, I don't mean to be a bother, but I think I saw you earlier." Luna said to Haru as she opened the door to their shop.

"Uh... you must have me confused with someone else." Haru denied.

"No, she doesn't. We saw you earth bending." Aang told him. But once Aang said that Haru and his mother gasped and closed the door and the blinds to the windows.

"They saw you doing what?" Haru's mother asked in shock.

"They're crazy mom. I mean look at how they're dressed." Haru pointed out and he had some points because they were in the earth kingdom, but Sokka and Luna were both wearing water tribe clothes while Aang was still wearing his air nomad clothes.

They stuck out like sore thumbs.

"You know how dangerous that is. You know what would happen if THEY caught you earth bending." Haru's mother told her son trying to put an emphasis on it so that her son would stop this nonsense that could get him taken away from her.

"Open up!" a man's voice yelled as he banged on the door.

Sokka went to the blinds and opened it just a little to get a peek at who was at the door.

"Fire nation. Act natural." Sokka whispered to them.

They all moved from their spots while Haru's mother opened the door for the Fire Nation soldiers. The first soldier that walked in took a look around the shop where Sokka and Haru were looking at a piece of fruit weirdly and Aang was leaning suspiciously against a barrel.

The only one that looked natural was Luna where she looked to be examining a product on the wall before turning to look at who walked through the door. She mentally rolled her eyes at the fact that none of the boys knew what "natural" meant.

Sure, enough the barrel that Aang was leaning on the cap tipped and his arm fell into the water inside it as he almost fell to the floor.

"What do you want? I've already paid you this week." Haru's mother questioned the soldier.

"The tax just doubled. And we wouldn't want an accident, would we?" the soldier said with a menacing smirk as he fire bended a ball of fire in front of his body.

"Fire is sometimes so hard to control." the soldier finished before putting out the fire ball. Luna scoffed quietly at the audacity of the soldier but didn't vocalize anything because she knew how this would end.