Chapter 2: What Did I do to Deserve This?!

TW: Mentions of death and violence

It all went by so fast.. At first Y/n was in her room doing her homework, and next thing she knew, she was hiding behind a dumpster with her father; hiding from the fire serpents that were destroying the city.

And of course, when there's fire snakes burning down the city, that means that there will be a ton of smoke! Y/n had been breathing in some of it, but it didn't become a major issue until...

*COUGH COUGH*

It had been around 2 hours of Y/n and her father being in hiding, and due to Y/n breathing in the smoke, she was starting to choke and was short of breath. If they didn't move to a less smokey place, Y/n could suffocate and die.

"We have to get out of here!" her father exclaimed in a panic and in fear for his daughter.

"But what about the snakes?! What if they see us and kill us?!" Y/n replied with another cough.

"I haven't seen any in a while, I think the coast is clear, c'mon! Let's find a safer place with less smoke and fire." Y/n's father insisted, and picked up his daughter and crawled out from behind the dumpster.

But just as they thought the coast was clear, there came Aspheera who burst out of the nearby museum with some kind of scroll. "REVENGE!" She exclaimed and cackled.

Then she looked Y/n and her father straight in the eye.

"Hmmmmmm I wonder how this scroll works... maybe I should... TEST IT OUT!" Aspheera bursted out and she blasted her staff at Y/n.

Y/n put her arms in front of her to shield her from it, but suddenly her father jumped in front of her, him getting hit instead.

And just like that, Y/n's father disappeared, leaving no trace of him left behind. Y/n bursted out crying immediately. This day couldn't get any worse!

"Hmmm I was hoping it would hit you, but your father was also a fine test subject, have fun being an orphan little girl!" Asphreea laughed maniacally and left Y/n there to sob and suffer.

Hours passed, and finally after what seemed like hours, all the fires were out, police, firefighters and medics were everywhere, helping those in need. A police officer noticed Y/n, sitting all alone, and walked up to her to ask her questions.

"Hey kid, Are you okay??" Asked the officer.

All Y/n did was shake her head, she looked as if she had no emotion.

"Where are your parents??" they asked.

"Gone..." was all Y/n could say before bursting out crying again.

-Time skip-

Y/n had a bag of all her belongings and she was currently being driven to the adoption center. None of her relatives offered to take her in, not even her grandparents. According to them, since Y/n was 12 years old and almost 13, she was 'old enough to take care of herself', which was probably just some bullshit excuse to say that they shouldn't have to take care of her.

Y/n could not believe what had just happened, just a day ago she was with her dad, living her normal life and then all of a sudden this snake lady comes out of nowhere and kills him!

'What did I do to deserve this?!' Y/n thought while reflecting on the events. Suddenly, a news report played on the radio in the car:

"After some investigation of the attack from yesterday, it turns out the snake sorceress that was burning down the city is none other than Aspheera, a serpentine from thousands of years ago that tried to take over the entire serpentine kingdom!

We also just found out she was able to learn spinjitzu by being taught by none other than Master Wu, our beloved ninja's teacher! Speaking of the ninja, it appears they are the ones that released Aspheera whilst trying to help explorer Clutch Powers excavate a tomb found in the desert!

And as of late, the ninja have no input on how they defeated Asheera and had her put in custody of the police. Rumor says the ice ninja, Zane, sacrificed himself to stop her.

And that's all we have on the news of the situation so far, next up we have a story about a girl who got caught writing fanfic on wattpad, her user is Artsybunnygi-"

The radio was turned off and the car stopped. They had arrived at the adoption center and Y/n got her things and exited the car. Speaking of Y/n, she was BAFFLED by what she had just heard! Y/n already didn't like the ninja that much, but THIS drew the line! Her father was dead due to their ignorance and clumsiness! Y/n felt nothing but anger and hatred, she wanted revenge, no, justice!

She wanted to avenge her father and wanted to make those pests suffer as much as she did when her father was killed right in front of her!

Y/n was transported to her new room, which she had to share with many kids, their ages varying from 5 years old to 16 years old. Y/n immediately put her stuff down, pulled out her notebook... Although Y/n is young and the ninja are twice as big as her, she was still gonna make a plan of revenge! She HAD to have revenge.. It was for her father.. The one who was always there for her and the only one who truly cared about her..

Somewhere in a different realm -

Y/n's father woke up, he had been knocked out due to falling from the sky after being transported to... wherever the hell this place was...

He looked around, it looked like other people also had fallen. Weird.. Could they have also been blasted by the staff?? He shivered. Why was it so cold?! Just a few moments ago it felt like it was over 1000 degrees but here it felt like living in Antarctica but ten times the amount of cold!

Later, more people woke up and he talked with them. He was right. All the people were also from ninjago and also had been blasted by the staff!

Just then came the sound of.... Marching?? They look up to see these ice soldiers with this ice guy leading them.. HOLDING THE STAFF THEY ALL GOT BLASTED WITH! They all began to run but then a man spoke up:

"You all must obey the ice emperor or there'll be consequences!" He commanded.

The citizens and Y/n's father ignored the guy and continued to run.

"Alright.. THAT'S IT! Call upon the beast!" The man ordered. The alleged 'ice emperor' signaled from something to come over, and that thing WAS A HUGE ICE DRAGON!

The people screamed and began to run away but the dragon shot ice at them, freezing them completely!One by one, everyone got frozen, including Y/n's father.

Before he got frozen, he thought only one thing 'Don't worry Y/n, i will find a way back to you..'

And there all the citizens stood, frozen in time in the ice.

"What a shame.. They could've been spared if they'd just listened..." The ice man remarked. "Let's go, your highness, let's noy waste anymore time on these... pests.." he said to the ice emperor and they made their leave.

Little did the citizens, who were now frozen, know that the ice emperor was Zane, the ice ninja, and just like them he had been blasted by the staff that had the scroll of forbidden spinjitzu, and that they were sent to a different realm...The Never realm...

AN: OMG I FINALLY FINISHED THIS AHHHHH! I'm so sorry i havent made an update in like, forever ;-; my mental health went to absolute garbage over the summer so i took some time to focus on myself- I'm also back in school again hehe...

Anyway, I watched dragons rising! And ngl it was kinda good! I actually might have a fic idea for it so maybe stay tuned for that! <3

Word count: 1297

Published: 8/6/2023