Chapter 44

Y/n's POV

After searching the area, you had finally found Tanjiro, who seemed to be fighting a female demon. You could tell by her aura that she was an upper rank demon, proving your suspicions.

Your demon friends appeared behind you, wanting to protect you from whatever threat comes your way.

You ran over and stood beside Tanjiro whilst glaring at the demon. You watched as Tanjiro tried to slash her, but she disappeared in the blink of an eye. You sensed her presence on the roof of a building.

" It seems I was right. A hashira really did show up!"

She must have found out about Uzui.

Her hair began to change from black to a dark red, finally showing her true form. Her pupils turned to slits as her tongue turned into a snake. You rolled your eyes at her outburst of excitement about how proud her master would be if she killed Uzui.

You stated, letting out a low chuckle,
" You overestimate yourself to much, from your aura, your power is weak,"

A vein appeared on her forehead as she glared at you with anger, clearly annoyed by your insult. You scoffed at how easily insults get to her.

" How dare you say that to me?! I am upper moon 6!! You should fear me you ugly brat!"

Daki and Gyutaro must be no longer upper moon 6.

She sent an attack, her long, slimy snakes flying at you at an inhumane speed. You stepped to the side, easily dodging the attack with ease. Every time she tried to attack, you just dodged it without breaking a sweat.

She shrieked,
" Why can't I hit you?!!"

" Like I said, you're weak,"

She was interrupted by a man walking out of one of the buildings with an annoyed expression,
" Will you lot keep it down out here?! Is that a sword in your hand, kid? You've got a lot of nerve picking fights in front of my house!"

Great. Another idiot to deal with.

You glanced at the demon, sensing her aura is changing drastically from how annoyed she was. You knew the attack was more powerful than the last ones.

You ran in front of Tanjiro, ready to protect him from the attack. Kokushibo and Douma stood at each side of you with their weapons out, ready to protect you.

You looked at Daki and Gyutaro,
" You guys, please could you go and find my brother and his friends and protect them? They may need it,"

They nodded in understanding before disappearing. Before you knew it, the attack was sent. The snakes grew larger than they were originally, their fangs growing the size of a branch. They slid through the street, their movements to fast to predict, breaking and slicing everything in their path.

One of their fangs was about to slice Tanjiro, but you took the hit. A deep wound formed on your shoulder, splattering blood on the floor, but you didn't flinch from the pain. The man who walked out had his hand sliced off from the impact.

Tanjiro sent you a concerned expression, feeling guilty that you took the hit. Kokushibo unsheathed his katana and sliced the demons like they were cake, keeping them away from you.

Meanwhile with Killua and his friends

Killua was running towards the loud explosions with sister and friends, his concern for you growing by the second. He knew you could handle yourself, he knew how strong you were. But he had to be by your side to protect you.

Two figures stopped them from moving any further. It was the two demons that hung around with you. Killua narrowed his eyes at them, not knowing what they were doing.

Gyutaro scratched his neck,
" Y/n told us when had to protect you from harm, an upper rank is here,"

Alluka being the kid she was, ran over to Daki with sparkles in her eyes,
" I love your hair and ribbons! They're so pretty!"

Daki sent her a small glare, feeling embarrassed by the sudden attention. Alluka didn't care and continued to play with the tips of her hair, since it was so long.

Killua's eyes widened in fear, his body freezing from instinct. He sensed a few auras heading his way, and they wasn't good. He screamed for his body to move, but he couldn't. Soon, his friends sensed the same aura.

Alluka hid behind Daki in fear, knowing who was coming. The two demons glanced at each other in confusion, wondering why they were suddenly acting so scared.

" Well, if it isn't Killua Zoldyck,"

They turned around to see three Phantom Troupe members standing there with emotionless expressions, besides Shalnark who always smiled.

Beside him stood his brother, who stared holes through his eyes. He gulped nervously, remembering the needle that he hid in his head. He knew this would happen sooner or later, but now wasn't the bestest time.

Killua knew what they wanted, but they were never getting you.

" You're never getting Y/n,"

Machi sighed heavily,
" Yes we are, lets just get this over with already,"