Chapter 21

You watched as Tanjiro began to wake up, not caring that he was in front of the hashira. All he could care about was trying to find out where Nezuko is.

One of the Kakushi scolded him for not being respectful towards the hashira, who was simply being ignored by Tanjiro. You just sighed as you leant against the wooden porch of the building, not in the mood to do a trial.

Tanjiro looked at you, sighing in relief before giving you a soft smile. He was worried they found out about your ability and tried to maintain it, probably suspecting that you might be a demon.

The butterfly woman spoke, who you found out was called Shinobu,
" Before we begin the trial, how about you, Tanjiro Kamado and Y/n Zoldyck, explain the crime you have committed against the demon slayer corps,"

A tall guy with long, orange and yellow hair commented with his arms crossed,
" There's no need for a trial! Protecting a demon is a clear violation, we can handle this on our own,"

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at their blindness. Sure, demons must have killed someone important in their lives and must have a terrible backstory, but that doesn't mean they can use it to go against Nezuko.

The sound hashira exclaimed, who you found out was called Uzui Tengen,
" Well in that case I'll decapitate them with style, I'll show you the most dramatic spray of blood ever,"

You glared at him as you shuffled over to Tanjiro in a protective way, not letting him lay a hand on him. Tanjiro blushed slightly at the action, not expecting you to against the Hashira in order for his protection.

You threatened,
" Lay a hand on him, Rui or Nezuko and you won't have hands by the end of the day,"

He narrowed his eyes at you, slightly offended by the threat as he gripped the handle of his weapons that were strapped to his back.

Tanjiro looked at your hands that were tied behind your back, noticing a faint F/C colour surrounding your hands. He knew you were trying your best not to show your power, the rage building inside of you was overwhelming.

He whispered, loud enough for you to hear,
" Y/n, please stand down, let's just get this over with so we can have some rest,"

You looked at him before giving him a slight nod.

Shinobu broke the silence, the tension rising rapidly,
" Before we begin the trial, I want you Tanjiro Kamado and Y/n Zoldyck, to explain the crimes you have committed. I would like to hear it straight from their mouths. Why are you protecting demons as a fellow demon slayer?"

You replied, knowing Tanjiro has injured his jaw,
" She's Tanjiro's little sister and has been a demon for 2 years now. She hasn't devoured a single human or even tasted a drop of blood, she'll never harm a human being,"

The snake pillar scowled at your words, giving you a glare as he pointed at you both,
" No wonder your defending her, you both are family and friends towards her, I don't trust a single word your spouting,"

You scoffed at the stupidity of the hashira, knowing to well they're putting their hate against demons first in this. You don't blame them for doing that. You would do to, but from the information you just gave, they should start showing more understanding.

You stated, slightly anger laced in your tone,
" You guys are really starting to piss me off. I know what you're doing. You're all being blinded by normal demon behaviour and what they do, but you're not seeing the point,"

They all looked at you, slightly shocked by your sudden outburst as they listened intently. You continued,
"We're humans, we would do anything to protect our family, even if they're not human. You're right snake boy, we're defending her, but not just because she's family. We're defending her because we know she has a good heart, wether she is human or not,"

You stood up before sitting on the porch instead of on the floor, alarming the hashira for a split second. Obanai glared at you, not liking the nick name you gave him. Tanjiro smiled at your words, grateful that you are defending him.

You asked a rhetorical question,
" Now let me ask you a question, what would you do if one of your family members got turned into a demon and they were a good hearted one?"

They all went silent as they stared at each other, slightly affected by your words. You inhaled deeply, trying to wash away your anger towards them before exhaling.

You looked at Tanjiro, who gave you a smile and a nod, muttering a quiet ' thank you ' towards you. You chuckled quietly and gave him a nod back, telling him that it's alright.

You sensed another presence walk towards all of you. Your eyes widened as you sensed Nezuko and Rui's aura around them. You turned to look to see another hashira, who was holding their box like it was a piece of cake.

You glared at his every movement, your anger slowly returning. The insane looking guy broke the silence,
" Well Well, what fun do we have brewing here?"

He looked at you both before asking, a grin never leaving his expression,
" Are they the people that brought two demons here, especially a lower moon. What the hell do you think your playing at exactly?"

You just sighed heavily as you rolled your eyes. You couldn't be bothered to deal with another amateur and you had a feeling this one will be more stubborn than the others. If you can handle Illumi and Hisoka then you can certainly handle this guy.