Chapter 1

Out there
There's a world outside of Yonkers
Way out there beyond this hink town, Barnaby
There's a slick town, Barnaby
Out there
Full of shine and full of sparkle
Close your eyes and see it glisten, Barnaby
Listen, Barnaby
Put on your Sunday clothes
There's lots of world out there
Get out the brillantine and dime cigars
We're gonna find adventure in the evening air
Girls in white, in a perfumed night
When the lights are bright as the stars
Put on your Sunday clothes
We're gonna ride through town
In one of those new horse drawn open cars
We'll see the shows at Delmonico's
And we'll close the town in a whirl
And we won't come home until we've kissed a girl.

Those words from the song "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" echo through an empty, dirty, trash-filled planet Earth. No inhabitants, no signs of human life. Only one robot. This robot was doing his daily job. Scrapping trash together and making them into trash cubes while listening to his music. He's been working for almost 700 years. You might think there are other robots helping him. None to be found. This robot's name is Wall-E. As he worked, two creatures, a cockroach and a rat, follow him in his trail. These two creatures didn't live 700 years, but are the last ones in their species.

While the cockroach and rat watch Wall-E work, Wall-E sees something in one of his trash cubes. He pulls it out and it was a trash can lid. He puts it in his storage compartment and stops his music. He uses an ice box as his backpack and calls the cockroach and rat to come. While the cockroach doesn't have a name, the rat does. His name is Remy.

Remy: "Quitting time? Okay."

They crawl on Wall-E's arm. Remy stands on Wall-E's head while the cockroach crawled through Wall-E and stands on his body.

Remy: "Still hasn't learned not to do that."

Wall-E leaves one of the many trash towers he has created over the last 700 years. The only thing that has stayed working on Earth besides him was the Buy 'n Large signs and jingles. An old newspaper reveals that the earth became so full of trash to the point where the planet was no longer good for human life.

As Wall-E travels down abandoned train tracks, he passes by several Wall-E robots. All of these Wall-Es stopped working. This Wall-E was also the last of his kind. While traveling, Remy and the cockroach almost fall off Wall-E.

Remy: "Ah! Too bumpy."

Wall-E stops nearby a broken Wall-E and compares his tires to the broken Wall-E's tires. He puts those other tires on, and the bumping stopped.

Remy: "That's much better."

Wall-E passes by video screens that begin playing.

Narrator: "Too much garbage in your face? There's plenty of space out in space! BnL star liners leaving each day. We'll clean up the mess while you're away. The jewel of the BnL fleet, the Axiom! Spend your five year cruise in style. Waited on 24 hours a day by our fully automated crew, while your captain, his, assistants and auto pilot chart a course for non-stop entertainment, fine dining, and with our all-access hover chairs, even Grandma can join the fun. There's no need to walk. The Axiom's putting the star in executive star liner. Because at BnL space is the final fun-tier!"

Wall-E heads back home and pulls a lever for the garage door to open. Inside is many items he has collected over the years. After getting inside, he grabs a cassette tape and plays the film Hello Dolly. He watches the film through a large magnifying glass in front of an iPod.

Remy: "I wish we could find more movies to watch these days."

Wall-E hums to the music. He pulls out the trash lid he collected earlier. Then he puts it in an empty spot for his large collection. In his ice box, he has many more collected items. Items such as a spork, and a rubix cube. He places the rubix cube on a shelf while he puts the spork in between his collection of spoons and forks. Wall-E also finds a fire starter. He places that in his collection of fire starters.

While Wall-E worked, a scene in the movie caught his attention. He watched as the couple in the movie sing together and hold hands. Wall-E records what they were singing and holds his own hands. Remy sees Wall-E and realizes one thing. He was lonely. Sure Wall-E had companions like Remy and the cockroach, but he wanted to be loved.

Remy (whispers to himself): "Oh buddy. If only there were more robots out there."

Later that night, Wall-E went outside to shake up the dust from his icebox. He looks up and sees the clouds slightly clearing away. He sees the stars and begins playing what he heard earlier. Remy sees the stars and begins making a wish.

Remy: "If miracles can still happen, if dreams can still become reality, if wishes can still come true, then I wish that somehow, in some way, Wall-E can find true love. I don't want to see him alone and sad anymore."

Suddenly, an alarm begins sounding off. Wall-E looks ahead and sees a large cloud of dust coming for him. One of his trash towers collapsed and created a dust storm. Wall-E shakes up his icebox a few more times and rushes inside to close the door.

Remy: "Wait, the cockroach!"

Wall-E whistles for the cockroach to come inside and it does so just in time. Wall-E grabs a Twinkie for the cockroach to crawl in. Wall-E then shifts himself into a cube and rocks himself to sleep on the bottom shelf.

Remy: "Goodnight, Wall-E. Keep dreaming, pal."

Remy slowly falls asleep. Little did he know that what he had wished for outside, would soon come true.