Prologue Part 5: A New Home

Start from the beginning

(y/n) squeaked confusingly and looked at his back when Violet set him down, as (y/n) cried of what he seen or more so didn't see. He didn't have any wings nor tail, and according to the villagers: 'A down dragon is a dead dragon.'

He wanted to feel the clouds and the cool air in the sky but without wings and a tail, (y/n) can't archive that dream of his. Violet came closer to (y/n)'s head and started licking to calm (y/n) down, but that only caused him to cry more. "Don't worry, Obsidian. Your still transforming and because of your fatal wound by that 'MONSTER', it will take at least two days, but you'll gain your wings and tail, but you'll have to wait until you're a bit bigger to fly anyway." Violet whispered to (y/n).

It took time, but (y/n) calmed down slightly and blinked the tears out of his eyes until he see a familiar site. "Wolf!" He squeaked loudly and the Night Fury turned his head to the sound and found (y/n) as he was laughing.

Wolf's face was priceless! His maw was completely dropped and his eyes were huge! "Yikes! Your tiny! I thought you be a bit bigger, but you are only six years old." he spoke. (y/n) tried to speak but all that was heard was something akin to the mix of a rumbling and choking sound. 'Mom looks really confused and-Wait did I just call Violet MOM!?' "Yes you did, But dragons would call their mother figure as Dam and their father figure as Sire" Wolf chuckled at the small shifter after explaining.

(y/n) glared at the chuckling dragon and then the big hatchling appeared in (y/n)'s sight. "Who are you speaking too? *GASP* Is it my other brother!? I knew it!" He said excitedly. (y/n) looked at Wolf confused. He just shrugged but had an amused expression on his face watching the bigger hatchling hop around (y/n). "No other creature can see me. So your mother and big brother doesn't know who your talking to." Wolf stated. (y/n) was actually a bit scared and tried to back away until a protective tail was wrapped around him and started softly and comfortably squeezing him.

Violet looked at the hatchling, who was nervous and a bit scared by the look on Violet's face towards him. "Sorry Dam. I didn't mean to scare my little brother." The hatchling said sadly. Violet's response was a small snort of amusement and wrapped her tail around the sad hatchling and got him closer to (y/n).

Violet crooned and laid her head beside her hatchlings and spoke soothingly "It's alright Zyrus. But remember that Obsidian was born in a human village and he's only recently started transforming into a night fury. It my be a bit much to process so fast for him. So take it slow with your new brother, okay?" Zyrus, (y/n)'s new brother, nodded but he still looked sad so (y/n) did the most logical and normal thing to do, well as a dragon, as a human he would NEVER do such a thing, but it seemed like the only way he could comfort Zyrus at the moment.

(y/n) licked Zyrus face. The hatchling was shocked but he smiled and licked (y/n) face in happiness. He squeaked disgusted and wiped the slobber of his face as best as he could. (y/n) felt really sleepy and yawned. Violet heard his yawn and motioned both night furies into the nest with her and her mate, Stryke and once (y/n) got in he felt safe and loved as he heard Wolf in his head say softly. 'Sleep well my half. And welcome to your new life and family.'

***Time skip to a few hours after (Y/n) woke up***

"Come on, little one. Opened your maw so I can give you your fish!" (y/n)'s mother, Violet spoke annoyed by his resistance. To (y/n) there was no way in all of Niflheim he was eating raw fish from the stomach of his dragon mother. He growled in warning and his mother responded with a blank look and a small flick of her tail whipped towards his face barely hitting (y/n) on his snout. "Now are you going to do as I say?" She asked calmly. (y/n) had tears in his eyes and was filled with fear and pain. 'Yes f-father.' He spoke mentally referring to his dragon mother as his abusive human father accidently.

Violet's eyes filled with shock and guilt as she wrapped herself around (y/n)'s body but he wanted to get out until his mother spoke to him softly. "I'm sorry my hatchling. I never meant to cause fear and pain towards you like that monster did. I want you to feel loved. Can you forgive me?" (y/n) looked into Violet's hurt eyes and he couldn't help himself to not nuzzle her to calm her and himself down.

Although still unsure of the decision (y/n) opened his maw for the food from his mother who regurgitated it down his throat. (y/n) thought it would be disgusting but it tastes so good that he beg for more, but his meal was interrupted when his draconic father and brother who were returning from a hunting trip. "Night furies are supposed to be quiet and patient, not loud and stubborn son." (y/n)'s father, Stryke spoke softly to Zyrus. "I swear that was the yak's fault! He was looking at me funny!" Zyrus complained miserably. Stryke rolled his eyes and replied. "Maybe he wouldn't have if you stayed still and quiet. Like your little brother." Zyrus's eyes narrowed in confusion and replied "What does Obsidian have to do with any-AAAAHHHHH!" (y/n)'s brother screamed in fright when he turned around only to find (y/n) behind him and did a screeching roar.

(y/n) had snuck behind Zyrus while his brother was talking to their father who didn't say anything since he saw (y/n) sneaking up. (y/n) laughed but of course it was more like chuffing and gurgling. Zyrus recovered from his shock and pounced at (y/n), but (y/n) stepped to the side and caught Zyrus's tail when he went past him and flipped himself onto the back of Zyrus. (y/n) squeaked a hello and licked Zyrus's face but had to do a double taste when a new tasty substance was caught on his tongue from Zyrus's face. "Seems that some dragon didn't wash the blood off his snout. I guess we will have to teach Obsidian how to hunt soon." Stryke spoke as (y/n) tried to lick Zyrus's snout again while Zyrus rans away from him