"Sooner or later they will find out, but I'll make sure it's on the later side." He assured her, his smile never faltering. She shifted in Jasper's embrace, their eyes meeting.

"Would you do it?" Jasper felt her heartbeat rise. How much trust did she have in him? He couldn't know, but he felt like it was a lot, probably the nature of their mating bond, so strong, and yet, it was quieted down due to her mortality.

"If that is what you want, I will, only when you ask me to." He vowed Margaret's heart settling back to its calm pace, her body relaxing into his embrace. Jasper couldn't help but wonder, how would he tell her what they were. When would he do it? He didn't want to rush things, knowing that she had to be changed one way or another, as the Voulturi would find out. But he couldn't keep it until she was transformed, it would be too overwhelming to feel all of it at once. He had to tell her, soon.

At that moment, Charlie's car appeared within Jasper's range of view.

"Your father's here." He laid one last kiss on Margaret's forehead before asking, "You're sure you don't want me to come along?" His brows furrowed. Alice's vision was clear, he couldn't bear the thought of having Isabella swan so close to his mate, even if she was her sister.

"Hmmhmm." She hummed, uncertainty in her response. "Better not to get too close to her, eternal chaos and all that..." she replied, Alice's vision fresh in her mind. Jasper nodded, he would have to control himself just a little harder now. Charlie's police car was now fairly visible to the human eye. He parked in their driveway and got out with fussing hands and clumsy steps.

"Nice!" He whistled when he saw the truck, patting it sonorously. "You think Bella will like it?" He asked his daughter, his eyes focusing on Jasper now.

"You got her a car, she better like it, pops!" Margaret laughed. Yet Kasper could feel her worry, knowing Bella as he had, through little snippets of conversation here and there, he could tell this wouldn't end well.
"Hey, Jasper." Charlie greeted, shaking hands with the boy. "Are you joining us?" Maggie's father looked from the boy to his daughter and back.

"I would love to, sir, but I promised my parents I'd help around before school starts." He excused himself. Something Margaret loved about Kasper was that he couldn't lie for the life of him. He told her it was due to his upbringing when he was a little boy, he had always been told lying was wicked and that he shouldn't do it, so he didn't. What he had said wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either. Jasper had promised their parents and Alice he would help plan for Isabella's coming, and how to keep her as far away as possible from Edward.

"Aw, what a shame. Well, see you soon kid!" They shook hands again and he left for the car, giving her daughter a little privacy. Maggie loved her father too, he wasn't pushy, and he always knew what to do and say. Maggie hugged Jasper close, with all the strength her thin little arms could manage, making Jasper chuckle.

"I'm not going anywhere, darlin'." His Southern drool tickled her ear. Still, she buried her face in his chest and urged him closer. His arms wrapped around her and he kissed her soft lips, which were salty with the tears she had shed.

"You'll come over tonight?" She asked with hopeful eyes as he parted from their kiss.

"Of course." He dropped one more kiss before they parted ways. Margaret watched the car fade away in the distance and then walked over to her father's car. Jasper observed how she got in the car as the image of her driveway shrank away.

Charlie talked briskly to his daughter during the drive to the airport. He told her about work at the station and the new cases of animal attacks, and he told her how he had gotten Bella's new van.