"Hey." She says in a seductive way, and I cringe.

"Hi." I reply back blankly, looking away from her.

"You want some company?" She says, her accent French. She sits virtually on top of me and a move away slightly.

"I'm good." I say and smile at her. She looks absolutely dumbstruck and stands up, clearing her throat. She mutters something in French and walks away, her cheeks pink with embarrassment. When she leaves, my eyes fall straight back to Jane, who is swaying her hips to the beat. I inhale a shaky breath and shift uncomfortably in my seat when I realise that I'm growing hard.

"Fuck." I mutter to myself and clear my throat, covering my face with my hands. I try to keep myself from looking at her, but I fail miserably. I stand up and take off my suit jacket, unbuttoning my shirt after while untucking it. I breathe to myself reassuringly and walk forward, towards where Jane is dancing. I keep the distance between us, but I'm close enough so I can hear what her and Ava are talking about.

"I want another drink!" I hear her shout over the music and Ava nods.

"Get me one too!" Jane smiles and walks to the bar ordering three drinks. She drinks one quickly before heading back to her best friend. I watch her closely as she downs the second drink within seconds. Jesus Christ. If she keeps going like this she will be hammered in the next hour. Jane whispers something to her friend and walks towards the bathroom, and I take this as a chance to speak to Ava. I grab her arm tightly and turn her to face me, and her eyes widen when she realises it's me.

"How many has she had?" I yell at her over the music, nodding my head towards the bathroom. Ava just shrugs and tries to get out of my grasp, but I tighten my hand around her arm. "How many, has she had." I say sternly, and I can tell Ava is completely speechless.

"One- or two- maybe four- I don't know, okay?" she says, her voice shaking. I let go of her arm and push her away lightly. She hasn't had much, so I'm not too worried. I give Ava a look, telling her not to tell Jane I'm here. She understands and I walk to the bar, ordering a rum and coke and bringing it back to the table I was sat at.

***

Two hours pass and Jane is 8 beers and 5 shots in.

And she is absolutely shitpissed.

I've been watching her closely, keeping count of how many drinks she has had tonight. Ava has had barely anything, and I'm grateful for that. I have another beer in my hand and I'm drinking it slowly, still watching Jane. She's dancing with a random man who has his arms wrapped around her waist from behind, his face buried in her neck. Her arm is wrapped around his neck and her ass is grinding into him.

It takes everything in me not to go over there and punch him in the fucking face.

I take another sip of my beer and clench my jaw when I see the man push her into him, trying to get impossibly closer. I slam my now empty bottle on the table and grab my jacket, storming out of the club. When I'm outside, I reach for my packet of cigarettes that are in my pocket, pulling one out and placing it in my mouth. I then grab my lighter and light it, inhaling the smoke. I exhale deeply before placing it back into my mouth, grabbing my phone from my pocket to check the time. It's 10:45, so it isn't actually that late. I finish the cigarette within a couple of minutes and throw it to the floor while turning back to the club entrance, but before I can reach the handle, the door burst open, and an extremely intoxicated Jane comes into view. She shoves past me but then stops and turns to me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she asks, her mouth hanging open. I give her a sarcastic smile and move out of the way so Ava can get through.

"Nice to see you too." She gives me a disgusted look and turns to Ava.

"Can we go now?" She whispers and Ava puts Jane's arm around her shoulder, and I follow them as they walk. After a couple of minutes Ava grunts and let's go of Jane, turning to me with her hands on her hips.

"Can you help me?" I nod and walk towards Jane, kneeling beside her.

"You can go. I'll take care of her." I say to Ava, but she narrows her eyes.

"I don't know-"

"She'll be safe with me. Trust me, I've got her." I give Ava a sincere smile to show that she can trust me, and she hesitates before turning away.

"She better come back in one piece!" I hear her shout and I laugh, turning back to Jane.

"You, okay?" I ask, bringing my hand under her arm to help her up, but she snatches it away.

"Fuck off. I can get back to the hotel myself." She starts walking and I try to supress a smile.

"You're going the wrong way." I tell her quietly, bringing my hand up to scratch my temple. She stops and turns, walking back towards me. When she's in front of me, I grab her waist to hold her up, but she shoves me away.

"Fuck off I don't need your help." She whines and I begin to grow frustrated.

"Please Jane, you're killing me. Let me help you." She looks at me and cocks and eyebrow but shoves me away again.

"I want Ava." She says, annoyance coating her voice. I roll my eyes and walk up to her again, placing my arm firmly around her hip.

"Tough luck, Ava isn't here." I say and yell out in surprise when she elbows me in the ribs and tries to run away. I run after her and grab her arm, forcing her to face me. "Jane stop being so difficult." I bite out as she struggles against me.

"Stop being so annoying." She shoots back and I laugh.

"I'm trying to help you. We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. It's your choice." She narrows her eyes for a moment before going back to struggling.

"The hard way. Because there is no way in hell, I am walking with you." She snaps and I let out a sarcastic breath.

"Alright then." In one movement, I pick her up and throw her over my shoulder, and she shouts out in surprise before starting to punch me repeatedly on my back.

"Joseph Turner, put me down!" she shrieks, still pounding on my back. I ignore her and start walking to the hotel. The tries to wobble out of my grasp multiple times but I'm holding her too tightly.

"Let me go." She says, slowly giving up on the punching and shrieking.

"No." she groans in response as we come up to the entrance of the hotel, and I pause before going in. "Are you going to behave?" I ask quietly and I feel her nod against my back, so I open the doors and walk inside. The hotel receptionist's eyes widen when he sees me but chooses not to say anything. I walk slowly up the stairs, Jane's steady breaths hitting my back as I move slowly. I finally come to the top of the stairs, quickly walking to her room door and opening it swiftly while stepping inside. I can hear the shower running as I walk in, so I head towards Jane's bed, carefully placing her on the mattress. She groans when I put her down and tries to turn away from me, but I grab her thigh and force her to face me again.

"I'm going to take your shoes off, okay?" I whisper softly, and she mumbles something in response. I untie her laces and take the trainers off her feet, then I bring the duvet over to cover her body. She sighs pleasantly and I watch as her chest rise and falls slowly, showing me that she's asleep. I bring my hand up to her face, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, I breathe deeply, refusing to take my eyes off of her. The bathroom door suddenly opens, and I step away from her quickly and clear my throat when Ava comes into view.

"I was just leaving." I whisper and Ava nods at me, with the biggest grin on her face. I smile back quickly before running out the room and closing the door behind me.

_______________________________________

Sorry that this chapter was so long. 😭