three

a/n- let me tell you, it was so hard trying to think of what conner would have sent to lydia

sorry if the texting confuses you, that's why i bolded the characters names when changing povs so you'll know who's who.

also, i changed conners age cuz why tf not and he's 30 now🙌🙌🙌🙌

song is say yes to heaven by lana del rey

lydia

when i opened his message, it shocked me.

he asked me what books i've been reading lately. not about my looks, or if i want to come over after his shift.

he asked me what book i'm reading.

and i can't help but let my heart flutter for a bit, not only is this surprising, but it has me thinking maybe a relationship could come out of this dumb little app.

i reply to his message with the title of my latest book and a small ranking cause why not.

to my surprise, he reads the message almost instantly, and immediately begins to type another message, yet another green flag.

his response is a reply to the message ranking the book, which is a laughing emoji.

am i a little disappointed? yeah.

i set my phone down for a few minutes, not wanting to invest my time into someone who won't even put in an effort.

i'm making myself a small dinner when my phone dings, and i see it's a message from conner.

i would've ignored it, but my face id unlocked my phone, revealing his message to me.

it's nearly a paragraph long, and as i read it i find out it's the latest book he's just read, a summary, and his opinion on it.

a short message is followed saying "sorry, i'm a slow typer."

i giggle like a little schoolgirl and i'm pretty sure if i was laying on my stomach right now, i'd be kicking my feet around in the air.

we chat for a bit as i finish making my dinner, and as i get to know conner, i find myself liking him.

conner

so what do you do for work?

I work in the sports industry.

oh, that's cool, do you enjoy it?

Yes I do actually.
You don't know much about sports, do you?

haha, not really.

What do you do?

i'm a nanny for a family, and i occasionally teach the kids how to speak german.

Interesting. So are you from Germany?

yes, i am actually!
i miss it so much.
where are you from?

Canada, I lived right outside of toronto.

oh wow, so what caused you to move down here?

My job, you?

i wanted to be somewhere different, i guess.
i miss my family a lot though.

Who's your family?

my sister and my mom, my sister is staying back at home for a bit to take care of our mom.