Chapter Five - Cookout

Kaya POV

Harlow walks me threw the clubhouse it huge the first floor is wide open space , hard wood floors with a few doors off to the side there is a large Oak circular bar in the middle of the space stools all round it, in the middle there are big glass door fridges that face out, filled with alcohol and soda's to the left of the open floor plan is a few couch's and the biggest tv I ever seen, then to the right is 3 pool tables with bar stools and high tables lining that corner, on the far side of the bar looks like a eatery lots of tables and chairs... on the furthest wall is a big arch way and a half wall buffet style counter off to the side..

"Wow Harlow this place is amazing!"
She chuckles well looking around
" yeah it sure is....lot of sweat and blood went into making this our home! Have you looked up yet?"
I look up and see a mezzanine balcony running the hole way around and stairs coming down to this floor ... I stand there looking up with my jaw on the floor ... "amazing what's up there?"
" well upstairs is where all the bedrooms are and church!"
" umm you guys are religious?"

Someone to my right laugh so loud I jump and Harlow rubs my arm that still interlock with hers.
As I turn to look at the laughing offender I see it's Steel.. I look at him confused as he wipes his eyes that has tears in them...  " Naww Darlin just give me a second ... he keeps laughing! I can feel my temper rising cause I don't understand what so flipping funny.. " Harlow what's so funny? Cc...church is a place of worship is it not? Steel straighten's up before Harlow can answer steel does trying to keep a straight face
"church is what we call our meeting room anything that affects this club is decided in that room and as we are like gods and make all the decisions" he shrugs his shoulders like that explains everything!
"Oo...OK?" I somehow ask it as a question.

Delilah charger's through the door, yelling "Steel!! Where are those table clothes? I kinda need them like Ten minute's ago" that's when I look down and see he has several in one hand.. he gives me a big smile that makes me frown and smile at the same time. "Be seeing you round sweetheart maybe give you a tour later on!"

This hole time Harlow doesn't say a word just looking between the two of us with a quizzical look on her face when she seeing me looking at her she smiles a over the top smile which has my frown deepen..... I feel like I'm missing something big here.
"Come on let me show you the kitchen, I'm actually jealousy causes this kitchen is better than the diners, but maybe one day I'll get my dream."

The kitchen is just as amazing as she said, big island bench in the middle and large industrial appliances that are all on back wall, two big skins !!.. two !!
There are bar stool white chairs on one side of the black island bench must all cost a fortune!

We spend the morning prepping and cooking food
Delilah's is in out of the kitchen helping and bossing and whingeing , she is so funny I find myself relaxed around her just like Harlow a few other women come and help when it was getting closer to lunch time I could hear the main room filling with people talking and laughing it made me a little nervous. But Harlow kept me busy.

Four men walk in asking if the food was read to go out. Harlow gave them marching orders.. where stuff needed to go and then, they were racing outa the room to do their task,

"Harlow why does their jackets look different to Pres and Steels?"
" well first of all Darlin it not called a jacket there called cut ...mine is for Old ladies" she turns so I can see her back it reads HAVOC MC then there is the club logo and at read Property of Danny-Boy.
Secondly they are prospects they don't have their rockers yet as they are trying to join the club... and until they earn their patch that is what they will wear."
" Do you like being Pres property? I don't think I could ever be someone's property again?"