sixteen.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER ELEVEN
"I love you, Alex."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Glenn did not find love the way he thought he would. Originally, he thought he would find love at a coffee shop and go to his sisters for advice. Instead, he found love during the goddamn apocalypse and didn't have many people to turn to.

Sure, there were several people he could confide in, but he knew the first person he wanted to tell was the object of his affection — Alexandra Wheeler, a woman who could take down the worst men with ease and had a mean glare just as powerful as her punches. He just needed to get over the raging cloud of doubt lingering above him and rumbling like a vengeful storm.

As he mentally prepared himself, he went into autopilot and wandered into her room, met with the only face that could furnish him with overpowering comfort. However, in this unique case, her face provoked a bundle of anxiety to reawaken and present itself as ten times more potent.

"Where's Kat?" he asked, using the question to commence a conversation. However, the two could remain completely silent and still enjoy each other's company.

"With Dale. He insisted they have time bonding." Alex explained with a smile on her face, recalling how much Dale begged her to let Katherine out of her sights for a bit. She sensed something different about Glenn's behavior, worry forming at the pit of her stomach. "Glenn, are you okay?"

"Yea —"

"And don't lie," Alex added. "What's bothering you? I know we haven't really talked since what you said  — nevermind. The point is, talk to me." Patience weighed heavily on her tone, her eyes studying him as if he were a piece of art with a hidden meaning behind the strokes of paint and meticulous details.

Glenn contemplated how to respond. The original plan and script he had created crumbled into ash, making him wistfully wish he had held to them a little harder.

His throat, once again, ran dry. He didn't hear himself admit it, the world going silent as he simply watched her reaction contort into pristine astonishment.

"I love you, Alex." he began, fighting the immense fear of rejection forming within him. "I always have, and the truth is, I should have admitted this a long time ago, especially since how many people find love during the end of the world? Not many people, I assume. And I understand you might not feel the same way, but that's not to say that I won't be incredibly embarrassed and scream into a pillow after this. I'm rambling, aren't I? I should stop —"

Knowing he was incapable of stopping the flood of words surging out of his mouth, she put an end to it by pressing her lips on his, the familiar and electric spark reminding her that there was no one else like him — no one else whose mere touch left a fire in its wake and ignited her the way he did.