2011 - Re-branded

The collect and build Pandorica CD range was rereleased in January 2011 featuring the same audio CDs as before. The figures in the range were 11 with fez and mop (2nd), Roman Auton with lighter cape and kilt (5th), Amy Pond in police uniform (2nd), Angel Bob with the Doctor's jacket (5th), Pandorica Cyberman Guard with open head (2nd) and Alaya (4th). Forbidden Planet exclusively released the Stonehedge Dalek at the same time, which was the second release of the figure but first time as a single carded release.

Forbidden Planet and Underground Toys continued their Classic Who range of figures in February. The first was based on The Sontaran Experiment, featuring a Sontaran Pod, 4 with a brown overcoat and hat, and Field Major Styre with Sontaran helmet (1st) - marking the first release of an original series Sontaran in 5.5 inch form. The diorama showed the background of Earth after the effects of the solar flares. A Resurrection Of The Daleks collector's set followed featuring 5 from Season 21, Davros, the Supreme Dalek (only) and a standard Dalek (1st). The diorama showed the Daleks' spaceship interior.

More exclusive Dalek sets followed in April from Forbidden Planet and Underground Toys based on the remaining Davros stories from the 1970s and 1980s. The first, based on Genesis Of The Daleks, featured 4 in coat with no hat, a Dalek mutant (only), two Daleks (1st) and Davros (1st). The diorama showed the Kaled Base. A Destiny Of The Daleks set featured 4 in a tan coat, Davros with orb accessory, and two Daleks (1st), with a diorama based on the underground tunnels on Skaro. A Revelation Of The Daleks collectors set followed with 6 in blue coat (3rd - only with a blue coat), Davros, Renegade Dalek (only) and an Imperial Dalek (1st). A set based on The Time Monster was released at the same time featuring the Master with accessories (2nd) and the Master's TARDIS as a computer bank (only).

The Doctor Who Experience released an exclusive figure of Amelia Pond with suitcase, coat and hat in May. Forbidden Planet and Underground Toys released another exclusive in June based on The Time Warrior, featuring a Sontaran Pod (2nd), the Third Doctor (only), and Commander Linx with helmet (1st). From Forbidden Planet only, the Destiny Of The Daleks set was rereleased with an autograph from David Gooderson. A special playset was released of the Junk TARDIS seen in The Doctor's Wife, a set I had always wanted to get but was never able to get my hands on one. In July, the first figures from Series 6 were released featuring 11 in Stetson with Sonic, an open mouthed Silent, a closed mouth Silent, Ood Nephew (1st), and Amelia Pond in her nightie (only).

Wave B/C from Series 6 followed the same month of 11 in Stetson, open mouthed Silent, closed mouthed Silent (both greyer variants - 2nd), Idris, Uncle (with swappable heads - 1st), and a beardy 11 in a straightjacket (only). The same month, a set of the Pandorica and River Song with white jacket, was released (only). The San Diago Comic Con exclusive of the year presented a new style of Classic Doctor Who packaging with a blue style diamond shaped background and the Pertwee/McGann logo being used. This release was based on Leela with armaments from The Face Of Evil, and was limited to 500 copies which were signed by Louise Jameson. The 11th Doctor's TARDIS console was rereleased with 11 and Sonic in burgundy bow tie (8th) and the Character Building version of 11 with Sonic.

The Pandorica build-a-wave CD range was re-released exclusively in the US in August with no audio CD inside, even if the packaging said that it did. Another sticker on the label pointed out that no CD was inside. This was a re-release of the January 2011 range, 11 with fez and mop (3rd), Roman Auton with lighter cape and kilt (6th), Amy Pond in police uniform (3rd), Angel Bob with the Doctor's jacket (6th), Pandorica Cyberman Guard with open head (3rd) and Alaya (5th). The Series 6 Wave 2 A/B range in August featured Idris, Uncle (2nd), 11 with Sonic with blue bow tie and blue shirt, Ganger 11, Series 5 River, and an Astronaut. The Series 6 Wave C in September featured 11 in blue shirt and bow tie, Series 5 River, Astronaut (2nd), Ganger 11 (2nd, 1st without softer hands) and a Cyberman with Cybergun (1st). Forbidden Planet and Underground Toys rereleased the Leela figure in September with accessories such as her knife.

Series 6 Wave 2C in October was a re-release of previous figures. They included Series 5 River (3rd, variant head scuplt), Astronaut, 11 as a Ganger (3rd), Cyberman with Cybergun (2nd), and 11 in burgundy bow tie with white shirt (11). The Series 6 Wave 1C 2 range the same month featured bearded 11, Peg soldier, 20 Cybermats, corroded Cyberman with damaged chest, and a corroded Cyberman with damaged face (1st). In October, a Series 6 themed Toys R Us figure set was released featuring Ood Nephew, corroded Cyberman with damaged chest (2nd), Silent with open mouth grey variant, 11 in a stetson, Idris (3rd), and Series 5 River (4th). Forbidden Planet and Underground Toys released a City Of Death collectors' set in October and was the final Classic Doctor Who 5.5 inch release to use the RTD logo style and background for the Character range. This set featured a Season 17 Fourth Doctor with a new scarf, Count Scarlioni, and a portrait of the Mona Lisa.

The Series 6 Wave 1D in November featured 11 with a beard, Peg soldier, 20 Cybermats, Corroded Cyberman with face damage (2nd), Corroded Cyberman with hip damage, open mouthed Silent with electricity (4th, 1st with electricity), and River Song as astronaut (1st). Wave 2D from Series 6 released the same figures as 1D; 11 with a beard, Peg soldier, 20 Cybermats, Corroded Cyberman with face damage (3rd), Corroded Cyberman with hip damage, open mouthed Silent with electricity (5th, 2nd with electricity), and River Song as astronaut (2nd). The same month, a set from The Invasion Of Time featured Leela with her accessories in tan outfit (3rd release) and Sontaran Commander Stor with accessories (only) from Underground Toys and Forbidden Planet.

More Underground Toys and Forbidden Planet exclusives were released in December from the Classic series. This was designed in the new style with the Pertweee/McGann logo and a blue background with a diamond shaped logo. The sets included were a Peri and Sharaz Jek with swappable android heads from The Caves Of Androzani (only), The Chase collectors' set containing two Daleks and a Mechanoid, the Enemies of the First Doctor containing a Mondasian Cyberman (3rd), flamethrower Dalek (1st), and a Roboman (only - the body of which was used from Count Scarlioni from the City Of Death set). An Enemies of the Third Doctor set released an Auton with meteorite and swappable hands from Spearhead From Space, Omega, and a hand-glove puppet of a Drashing (only).

A set from The Keeper Of Traken was also available featuring the Fourth Doctor, Melkur, the Master's TARDIS as a grandfather clock (only), and the decayed Master (1st) at the same time. It featured a diorama of the courtyard on Traken. As the year concluded, 2011 would be the last year to have a huge influx of figures based on the current iteration of the program. As 2012 progressed, the number of figures per year began to decline...