2007 - Building

Kicking off the 5.5 inch range in January was Series 1 Wave A. From now, depending on the series the figure was based on, the background of the card would be marked a specific colour. If the figures was from Series 1, the colour was red, Series 2 was blue, and Series 3 was green. For The back of the cards for Series 1 Wave A marked out the other figures of the same wave. The range consisted of the Series 1 Rose with robot spiders (2nd release), the third release of a Slitheen with the first of the Space Pig, Captain Jack (2nd release) along with the Empty Child, a Dalek with a mutant reveal, and an Auton twin pack. 

The Series 2 Wave A range the same month featured the second release of not only the Cyberman with arm gun, a grey Krillitane, the Werewolf, but Character released for the first time figures of the Ood, a blue and black Clockwork Man separately. Two Sainsburys gift packs were released the same month. The first was of 10 in his brown suit (eighth release), Rose from Series 2 (2nd release) and a Slitheen (3rd release). The second featured 10 in his brown suit and coat (5th release), Series 2 Rose (3 release) and Cassandra with robot spiders (3rd release). A special Doomsday set was released featuring the 10th Doctor in brown suit (6th release), Dalek Sec (3rd release) and a Cyberman with arm gun (3rd release).

A deluxe release of the Empress of the Racnoss came in February 2007 with information on the back of the box about the Racnoss. This set came out the same month as the highly prized Genesis Ark featuring every member of the Cult Of Skaro. This featured the release of Dalek Sec (4th release), the Genesis Ark, Dalek Thay, Dalek Cann (1st release) and Dalek Jast (only release). The background of the set featured the laboratory at the Torchwood Institution at Canary Wharf. Another deluxe release came in April of the Face of Boe, released once only. The back of the set featured information about the character in the series.

The Series 1 Wave B range was launched in May; containing the Slitheen (4th release) and Space Pig set (2nd release), the second releases of the Auton twin pack, mutant reveal Dalek, the fourth release of the Moxx of Balhoon (with a bluer paint job), and the first release of an Assult Dalek. The Series 2 Wave B range followed in the same month, this time with the second release of the Ood, the black and blue Clockwork Men, Dalek Sec (for a fifth release but the first in a single carded presentation), a Rose Tyler from Series 2 (fourth release) with Chip (second release), and the first release of a Mickey Smith and gun. A new Doomsday set was released with Dalek Sec (6th release), a Cyberman with arm gun (4th release), and 10 in brown suit and 3D glasses (1st release).

The first figures of Series 3 were released in June. Series 3 Wave A released all new figures for the first time; 10 in blue suit with glasses, Martha, a damaged Dalek Thay, a Judoon captain, a Judoon trooper, and Lilith. Wave B from the same month rereleased the same figures from Wave A of 10 in blue suit with glasses, Martha, a damaged Dalek Thay, a Judoon captain, and a Judoon trooper. The set released new figures of the Dalek Sec Hybrid, and Novice Hame for the first time. Series 1 Wave C from July re-released the Slitheen (4th release) and Space Pig (2nd release) set, the Captain Jack (3rd release) and Empty Child (2nd release) set, as well as the Assult Dalek (2nd release), and the first releases of the Gelth Zombie and Doctor Constantine.

The Series 2 Wave C release of July reissued the Ood, the Blue Clockworkman (third release), a Dalek Sec in card casing (seventh release), Mickey Smith (2nd release), and 10 in a spacesuit (first release). The Daleks In Manhatten set was released the same month, featuring a Pig Slave (only release), Dalek Sec Hybrid (second release), damaged Dalek Thay (third release), and 10 in blue suit and trench coat (first release). The back of the set again described the characters in the set. A Satan Pit set was released the same month with the Doctor in a spacesuit (second release) and a lift cage (first release). The back of the set described the events of the story. An electronic flight control TARDIS belonging to the 9th and 10th Doctor was released in July which included special sound effects to it.

Two special San Diago Comic Con exclusives were released; the first was a chocolate coloured scheme Assult Dalek limited to 3,000 units. The second was a damaged Cyberman which was again limited to 3,000 units. In August, the Series 2 Wave D consisted of a Dalek Sec figure (8th release), Mickey, 10 in a spacesuit (3rd release), Faceless Grandma Connolly, the Hoix, and Toby Zed (first release). The Series 3 Wave C range in August featured Martha, the Judoon Captain, Dalek Sec Hybrid (3rd release), the 10th Doctor in blue suit (only release in single carded presentation), Branigan, Scarecrow with blue neck tie, and a Scarecrow with brown neck tie (first release). The Series 3 D Range featured Martha, Judoon Captain (4th release), Novice Hame, Lilith, Scarecrow with blue neck tie (2nd release), Laszlo, and a Weeping Angel (1st release).

Woolworths released four special packs in August, containing six figures within sets varied between Series 1-3. The first from Series 1 featured the Space Pig (4th release), Slitheen (7th release), Empty Child (3rd) regenerated 10th Doctor (2nd), Gelth Zombie (2nd) and a grey Auton released individually for the first time from the Auton twin pack. The Series 2 exclusive set featured an Ood (4th), 10 in brown suit with 3D glasses (2nd), rusty K-9, blue Clockwork man (4th), damaged Cyberman (2nd) and a grey Krillitane with closed mouth (1st). From the Series 3 set there was Martha (5th), 10 in blue suit and glasses, a Judoon trooper, Lilith, Scarecrow with blue neck tie (3rd), and damaged Dalek Thay (4th). The fourth set from Woolworths August 2007 was the Army of Ghosts set which featured the Genesis Ark, Dalek Thay (2nd), Mickey (4th) and a damaged Cyberman (3rd).

A deluxe set featuring a Reaper from Series 1 was released in September 2007. The same month, Woolworths and Toys R Us released exclusive sets comprised with many figures inside of them based on figures from Series 1, 2, and 3. They were encased in TARDIS packaging, and once opened, all the figures would be encased inside. Each character would have a description about them on the inside of the box. The Series 1 set featured a Sycroax leader (2nd), 9 in his burgundy jumper (3rd), Captain Jack (4th), Space Pig (5th), Auton with black shirt (3rd), Slitheen (8th), regenerated 10 (3rd), Dalek with mutant reveal (3rd), the Moxx of Balhoon (5th release with darker blue paint job) and the Empty Child (3rd). The Series 2 set featured Ood (4th), Rose, Mickey (5th), Cyberman without arm gun (3rd), Cyber Controller (3rd), Dalek Sec (9th), clean K-9 (3rd), 10 in brown suit, coat and glasses (3rd), Red Krillitane with closed mouth (1st), and an exclusive Navy Blue Clockwork man.

The Series 3 set consisted of 10 in blue suit (2nd), Martha, Lilith (6th), Novice Hame (3rd), Brangian (2nd), Scarecrow with brown neck tie (2nd), Dalek Sec Hybrid, Judoon trooper (4th), Damaged Dalek Thay and Judoon Captain (5th). A new flight control electronic TARDIS was released in September, this time containing not only the TARDIS for a second release, but also 10 in a blue suit and coat (2nd), Martha (7th), and Captain Jack Harkness (5th). In October, the Series 1 Wave C range was rereleased containing the Slitheen (9th) and Space Pig (6th) set, the Jack (5th) and Empty Child (4th) set, Assult Dalek, Gelth Zombie, Sycorax Leader (3rd), Doctor Constantine, grey Auton (2nd release as a carded figure), the only release of a Genetic Hand Dalek, and a new sculpt of the 9th Doctor in a burgundy jumper.

The Series 2 Wave D re-release came from the same month. Included was Dalek Sec (10th), Mickey (6th), 10 in a spacesuit (4th), Faceless Grandma Collonny, the Hoix, possessed Toby Zed (2nd), and a Grey Krillitane with closed mouth for the first time on a card. A Sanctuary Base Set was released by Character in October from the same month. It featured the lift cage (2nd), 10 in a spacesuit (5th), possessed Toby Zed (3rd), and two Ood (6th). The back featured information about the Sancutary base from the story. In November, a set from Utopia was released featuring 10 in his brown suit and coat (7th), Martha (8th), Professor Yana (1st) and a regenerated Master (1st). The background of the box showed the TARDIS interior.

The Series 3 Wave E range followed with Martha (9th), Judoon Captain (5th), Scarecrow with brown neck tie (3rd), Laszlo (2nd), 10 in blue suit and glasses (4th), 10 in blue suit and coat (3rd released but only carded release), a Dalek which was the modelled reused of Dalek Cann from the Genesis Ark set (second release but first carded release). Professor Yana (1st release single carded), Weeping Angel (1st release), 10 in Pentallion suit (1st), and the Master with laser screwdriver accessory (1st). The Series 3 Wave F range concluded with Martha (10th), Judoon Captain (5th), brown tied Scarecrow (4th), Laszlo (3rd), Weeping Angel, Yana (3rd), 10 in Pentallion suit, the Master (2nd), a Screaming Angel (1st), and a Blue Scarecrow (only release).

As these toys continued to fill up stores across the UK, more figures would continue to be made throughout 2008. Interest for Classic Who fans would begin to grow in the range as the likelihood for Character Options to release Classic Who figures would increase to become reality. Whilst Classic Who fans could look to the Modern Who CO range and wish the Classic Series would have a range like Modern Who, 2008 would start to see that dream come true...