☠︎Ten☠︎

I slowly looked down at the dark red blood covering my shaky hands. My eyes traveled to the sharp knife in my hand, then to my bloody clothes. I quickly dropped the knife and covered my mouth.

I killed her...I kept repeating to myself.

I looked at Vincenza as the blood dripped from her mouth.

I looked back at my hands as tears fell down my face. I couldn't believe what I had done...

A Few Hours Earlier...

"I'd like to recognize those who fought by my side, respected me and were real but, did not make it out of the fire alive." Vincenza spoke. They all raised their drinks and poured it on the ground.

We were all at another property Vincenza owned, that was hours away from her old one. We all stood outside on the land, paying respect to those that died in the fire.

There was so much talk going around about who or which group of people set the fire. Of course, I didn't know anything about the fire.

I was slowly getting my memory back from last night, before the Vincenza incident.

Besides telling me what to do per usual, Vincenza hadn't spoken to me all day. She barely even looked at me. Acting as if she didn't wake up on my chest this morning or say those things while she was drunk last night.

I walked back into the large house we now lived in. This house was so much more better than the previous one. I didn't understand why Vincenza didn't been move into this house.

It was a three story house with a basement. The house had 12 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms, two kitchens, multiple glass windows, marble floors and countertops and...a pool.

New fear unlocked.

I went back to my room on the first floor, which happened to be across from Vincenza's.

Hey, it was better than being next door and hearing all of the fucking that goes on almost every night.

I walked over to the huge window and stared out back, at the pool. The memories from last night were starting to haunt me.

Suddenly, I heard my door open and shut behind me. I turned to see Vincenza. I rolled my eyes as I turned back around, facing the window. "What do you want?" I asked, making my attitude very detectable.

"Excuse me?" Vincenza immediately asked as if she was confused on who I was talking to. "I said, what do you want?" I repeated, not giving a damn.

After the things that were said last night, I could care less about her whole 'watch how you talk to me' mantra.

"Who the fuck are you talking to Saanvi?" she questioned, clearly with an attitude. "Who else am I talking to? A ghost?" I sarcastically spoke.

"Ima ask you again. Who the fuck are you talking to Saanvi?" Vincenza stepped closer.

"Vincenza." I answered. "No, you're not." she immediately argued. "Yes, I am." I stated. "No, you're not." Vincenza continued. "Yes, I am." I argued.

"No, the fuck you're not." Vincenza firmly spoke. "Yes, the fuck I am." I mocked.

"Saanvi." Vincenza said. It was obvious I was testing her patience. "Vincenza." I smiled to myself. "Saanvi!" Vincenza finally snapped, raising her voice at me.

I slowly turned around to face her. "Why are you raising your voice at me?" I softly asked, dragging out the word me. "Because, you're testing my patience right now." Vincenza responded, looking me in my eyes.