☠︎Seven☠︎

*The Same Night*

It was late, very late. Vincenza was just now showering and cleaning up from earlier. Things got very messy as she kept her word to that guy. I didn't see anything, but I heard his screams of pain.

When Vincenza had returned back, her clothes and hands were covered in blood.

As odd as it is for me to say this...I'm kind of happy Vincenza showed up. If it wasn't for her and her men, I don't even want to imagine what that guy would've done to me. I was very grateful for what she did, so grateful I found myself knocking on her bedroom door.

A few seconds had passed before she opened the door. Vincenza's hair was wet and curly. She wore a black tank top and grey sweatpants.

She looked at me, waiting for me to talk.

"I- um I just wanted to say I appreciate that you didn't let that guy take me. I don't even want to think about what was going to happen if you didn't show up." I expressed.

Vincenza stood at the door with a blank expression. I wasn't really sure how to analyze it.

I don't know what took over me as I found myself kissing Vincenza. Although she didn't kiss me back, she didn't pull away either.

I quickly pulled away as I processed what I was doing. Vincenza still had that blank expression on her face. I took a step back, somewhat cringing at what I just did.

What the fuck was going on with me?

"Uh I- I didn't mean to do that. I shouldn't have done that." I stuttered. "You shouldn't have." Vincenza finally spoke. "Yea, s-sorry. I'm going back to my room now." I looked away.

I made my way to my room and shut the door. Although I was slightly embarrassed by what just occurred, I was too tired to care. I laid in bed and was fast asleep.

•••

I was sitting in the kitchen, eating breakfast and reading.

"You sure do a lot of reading." Mrs. Villa walked up to me. I looked at her and nodded. "You sure are getting comfortable here." she continued. I looked at her and smiled. I truly wanted her to stop talking to me, but she could never take a hint.

"Since you're so comfortable, Vincenza has a meeting starting soon. She's still not up yet, would you be a dear and go wake her." Mrs. Villa smiled.

"I- I don't think that's a good idea." I shook my head. After last night, I'm sure everything was going to be awkward.

"Please. I'm busy and she hates being late for meetings. She'll take it out on everyone." Mrs. Villa explained. I was more than hesitant but decided to do so anyway.

I stood at Vincenza's door, contemplating if I really should knock.

Seconds had gone by when I finally knocked. I waited but I didn't get a response. I knocked again and still didn't receive a response. I sighed as I hesitantly turned the doorknob.

The door slowly opened, revealing Vincenza knocked out on her bed. Of course she slept on her back.

As I quietly walked in the room, I noticed the gun on her nightstand. The sheets on her bed barely covered her. Her arm rested on her face, partially covering her face. I heard her soft snores as I walked closer.

"Vincenza..." I hesitantly spoke. She let out a soft moan-like sound while rolling over on her side.

"Vincenza, you have a meeting." I voiced a little louder. "Mm, what?" she said in her slightly raspy, sleepy voice.