Chapter Five: The Black Market

After returning from Saussy (Y/N), Asta, Noelle, and Magna gave their report to Captain Yami before having Vanessa and Finral relay information at the Magic Knight HQ. However, with limited information on their identities or a captured accomplice, it will take some time.

Currently, (Y/N), Asta, Noelle, and Magna stand in the Black Bull's main hall before Yami sitting on the couch rather pleased with how things turned out.

Yami: HAHAHA! Alright, you idiots. You guys got beat up real good over there, Huh?

Asta: Yes, sir!

(Y/N): Yeah. Sorry, we couldn't capture one for the investigation. The way they murdered themselves was unsettling.

Yami: You win some you lose some. Don't let it get to yah.

Yami then took a puff of his cigarette before he addressed the four.

Yami: The important thing is you protected the villagers. Even old man Seih's alive thanks to the four of yah. So be proud of yourselves, you idiots.

Magna/Asta/(Y/N): Yes, Sir!

Noelle: Thank you.

Yami: Besides. After what you've done, the wizard king awarded us with a star.

Yami showed a golden star in his hands for the Bulls to witness

Magna: A star?! Go us!

Asta: Yeah, we got a star!

(Y/N): ...-_- ...So you know what it means, huh?

Asta: No idea!

Magna: Then why are you cheering?! Basically, it's an award by the wizard king for noticing our hard work on missions. It's also a competition against the other magic knight squads to see who has the most.

Asta: So it's like an honor?

Magna: Yeah, you're getting it. A real medal is for us real men. Right (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Yes.

Noelle: And woman, too. Don't forget it.

Magna: A medal for us real men and women!

Noelle: You make no sense sometimes.

(Y/N): Maybe, but sometimes you know what to expect with Magna. So how many star do the Black Bulls have?

Yami: How many do we have?

Yami then faces a board with multiple black stars before letting one of the gold stars sink in.

Yami: Now we're officially at negative thirty.

From the statement alone the three youngest recruits were shocked and surprised by Yami's sentence.

Asta: Negative?!

(Y/N): *Shocked* What?! How'd you get negative stars?!

Noelle: I guess I'm not the only one thinking that!