Chapter 34- How To Catch a Criminal

Prisma, with the help of Sebastian, are going to explain to Ominis who they believe is really behind the moving statues that killed Morgana. Will Ominis forgive Sebastian, or kick him out of the wedding?

---

I instructed Sebastian to wait in the hall while I spoke with Ominis in his room. Sebastian grumbled a little, but understood it would look bad if I showed up with another man on my wedding day.

After I knocked, Ominis answered the door wearing a clean-cut black velvet suit adorned with silver buttons etched with snakes. He looked so handsome that I almost forgot to speak.

"Yes?" He asked.

"It's me," I said.

After recognizing my voice, his mouth pulled into a smile. His hands took me by the waist and brought me into his room, closing the door behind us with a wave of his wand.

He took my face in his hands. "Is it a sin to kiss the bride before the wedding?"

"I won't tell the priest." I grinned.

I kissed him, and he kissed me back sweetly. I loved that kissing him was something I could do without a second thought now. After last night a barrier between us had been lowered; all that was left to do now was marry each other.

Ominis felt the smooth fabric of my dress. "Are you wearing your wedding dress?"

I gasped slightly. "Oh, no. It's bad luck for you to see me before the wedding-"

"I technically can't see you, so I think we're fine on that front."

He went in for another kiss, but I interrupted him. "I actually have to speak with you. We- we may need to stop the wedding."

"What are you talking about?" I saw worry spread across his face. "Do you not want to get married after all?"

"I do." I touched his face gently. "I want to marry you more than anything, Ominis. But I have a feeling something bad is going to happen at the wedding. Someone is after you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Someone at Hogwarts has been targeting you. They killed Morgana to hurt you. And then, after we got engaged and became close, I was almost killed as well. They're after you, Ominis, and it's more than likely that they will attack on our wedding day."

Ominis's handsome face was pulled into a deep frown. "Who would do this?"

"Think about it," I implored him. "It is someone in Hogwarts who despises you."

"That does not exactly narrow it down."

"Duncan Hobhouse!" I hissed. "It has been him since the beginning. He's been behind the attacking statues. Don't you remember when we spoke to him in the art classroom, and he was surrounded by stone sculptures? He's been using them to monitor everyone. That's how he knew about Imelda's secret, and our meeting in the owlery. It's so obvious I can't believe I didn't see it sooner."

Ominis scoffed. He looked as if he wanted to believe me, but just couldn't allow himself to. "This isn't funny."

"She's telling the truth, Ominis."

Sebastian was stepping into the room. He had been eavesdropping in the hall.

"Levioso!" In less than a second, Ominis had Sebastian levitating in the air. Sebastian didn't even fight it.

"What are you doing here?" Ominis growled. "Trying to break up the wedding?"

"Ominis, put him down," I commanded, but I might as well have been invisible. Ominis and Sebastian were locked on only each other.

Sebastian looked down at his old friend, and smiled. "Ominis. I know I have broken your trust. First by using Dark Magic... and then not being honest with you about just how much I was hurting when Anne was sent away. And because I couldn't talk about these things it hurt my relationship with you, and with Prisma. But Prisma's made it clear, she does not want me. Wise decision," he laughed. "So I've come here with different intentions. I come only as a humble wedding guest in support of two of the most important people in my life."

"Sebastian has been helping with the investigation," I added. "If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have been able to figure out who was behind it all. He's just here to help, Ominis."

I watched Ominis's face carefully, looking for any signs of sympathy or emotion. His face was as hard as rock.

Slowly, Ominis lowered Sebastian to the ground. He began to walk towards him.

"You will not be a guest today," said Ominis. My heart went to my throat.

Ominis took Sebastian's hand in a sort of handshake. "You will not be a guest, because you will be my best man."

The two boys embraced. Sebastian laughed, patting Ominis on the back. My heart swelled.

"I'm happy to see you two have made up," I said. "But there's still the matter of Duncan. I just know he's going to target the wedding today. Everyone in attendance could be in danger for all we know."

Ominis crossed his arms. "Duncan's not here. He wasn't invited."

"We don't know that," Sebastian said. "Your parents made arrangements for flying carriages to take students from Hogwarts to the church. Duncan could have easily snuck onto one. Like I did."

"Then we should search the church for him."

"That could take hours," I complained.

"Besides, we've only got one good set of eyes between the three of us," Sebastian pointed out humorously.

The gears in my head were turning. There must be a way to make a plan without alarming everyone at the wedding. "Maybe we should go through with the wedding. If something were to happen, we shall have the upper hand because the element of surprise is gone." Duncan had caught Morgana by surprise the night that she died- just like how I was caught by surprise in the bell tower. This time we'll see him coming.

"I will inform Natty, Quinn and Samantha to keep an eye out for anything suspicious as well. I'm sure if we had to fight they would help."

Ominis opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted before he could start. "I know what you're going to say. If it turns out I'm right, and everyone gets attacked today, we will postpone the wedding for as long as necessary until Duncan is captured, whether it be a few hours or a few days. If it turns out I'm wrong, the wedding will occur as normal, and we'll capture Duncan when we return."

Ominis looked impressed. "It's hard to argue with those terms."

Sebastian sighed, shoulders slumping.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"I really hope we get attacked today," Sebastian said. "I didn't get you guys a wedding present."