Chapter 29- Wedding Dress

Sebastian visits Prisma while she's having her wedding dress fitting, and things go wrong....

---

Augustus Hill, the shopkeep of Galdrags Wizard Wear, had a dress imported from some fancy designer in London at the request of the Gaunt family. I was to try it on for the first time today.

I arrived at the clothing shop with Quinn and Samantha at my side. They were each bursting with excitement. To me, it was just a chore to check off the list.

"Lady St. Cloud," Augustus Hill greeted me with a flourishing wave and a delicious grin. "You are in for quite a treat today."

Quinn and Samantha buzzed. I was so nervous I thought I was going to throw up.

"What's the dress like?" I asked, wringing my gloved hands together.

Mister Hill leaned across the counter. "Let's just say the Gaunts are sparing no expense."

I closed the velvet curtain of the dressing room. Hanging from a hook was a black bag which protected the expensive French dress within. I began to hook my fingers through the laces of my dress, pulling it off and letting it drop to the floor.

I heard Samantha and Quinn chatting excitedly in the sitting area in Galdrags, which ceased when they heard the bells ring, signifying that a new customer had entered the store.

"Oh, Sebastian!" I heard Quinn say happily. "What are you doing here? Shopping for a new suit? Something black, I presume."

His deep voice replied. "I'm looking for Prisma."

Goosebumps formed all over my bare skin. What poor timing! I was down to my knickers.

"She's trying on her wedding gown," Samantha informed him.

"I really need to speak with her." Sebastian sounded insistent. Well, he always sounded insistent.

"It's fine," I croaked out from the dressing room. I was terribly embarrassed, but I figured it couldn't hurt as long as there was a velvet curtain between us. "Erm, Quinn, Samantha? I just remembered I need a book from Tomes and Scrolls. It's called Magical Toads, Frogs, and Amphibious Creatures."

That book I was asking for didn't exist. Quinn and Samantha would likely be looking for a while. They may have already been aware of my false request. But they didn't say anything, and left, allowing me and Sebastian our privacy.

"I was hoping to speak with you, Sebastian." I said. "I-I'm sorry, you caught me at an odd time."

I heard his voice about a foot away from the velvet curtain that separated us. "Please, don't let me stop you."

I removed the wedding dress from its bag, wondering how on earth I was going to get into it. It was all layers and lace, with some extra loops and ribbons that I wasn't sure where to put.

As I studied the dress in my hands, I said, "I wanted to consult with you on the matter of Dark Magic, if that would be alright with you."

I couldn't see it, but I could hear that he was grinning. "Decided to go down the rabbit hole, have we?"

"Don't sound so satisfied. This is serious. I wanted to know if... if it's possible for someone to make a statue commit a murder?" I knew of the Pensieve Guardians which had protected the Keepers' memories. But those statues were enchanted with Ancient Magic to protect; not to kill. I was looking for something much more sinister.

"Certainly. Dark Magic can be used to give statues living properties; sight, hearing, and especially movement. The drawback is that statues break easily, and are not the most durable in battle."