8.

Huey Freeman seldomly caused problems but, somehow he was hung up from a true, with a bit of his afro missing, beaten and overwhelmed getting the life choked from him. It just had to be in the wilderness where nobody find or save him.

That was great. His vision blurred and his life force began to fade from his body, before felt a tug at his feet, someone was trying to save him? All the tugging was doing though was killing him faster. Soon, they stopped and he was cut down, and he gasped for breathe. As his vision he began to come back he looked up at his savior, the one who had saved him from his untimely demise.

It was Jazmine, she had seen the whole thing as the bus was leaving school and decided to pull the emergency breaks and follow them. Yeah, she couldn't save him and stop beating. But, she sure did save his life.

"Are you ok?" She said, stroking his hair. Her face told Huey she wanted to cry but she was holding it back for some reason. This girl he barely talked to, saved him, and was crying over his death. He barely had anytime to think about it, as he was slipping out of consciousness. The last thing he saw was her face, watching over him and the feeling of her hands going through his hair.

Once he was out cold, she panicked and left them there, she ran to get help. Huey Freeman wasn't going to die on her watch. Huey lay there, on the dirty ground in the woods, with the fate of his life in the hands of a mulatto girl that lived across the road. How sweet.

Back at home, Robert and Tom were still sharing a glass of lemonade while they sat in the front of Robert's lawn. "So, Tom... why a white woman?" He questioned. Tom did a awkward laugh and then answered the question. "Well, I get these questions a lot. Mostly from the brothas. But, there's not a special reason to it. I loved her, she loved me and I guess it just worked out well in the end."

Robert mockingly laughed. "In the end? Tom, you're still young things can happen from now and until the time you're old man like me."

Tom agreed. "That's very true, robert. Very true." Tom watched as the bus for Jazmine pulled in front of their house. "Let me see what's up with her and then I'll come back and talk with you Robert."

Tom got up and jogged over to bus. Robert watched him as he sipped his lemonade. Tom came back running full speed back over to the front of the yard. "Jazmine got off the bus, she saw Huey getting harassed by some white kids!" Tom exclaimed.

Robert spat out his lemonade. "What?!" Robert got out of his seat and ran over to his ford car. "Come on Tom!" They both got inside of the vehicle and began speeding over to the school, trying to find their children.

Meanwhile, Caesar and Riley walked out of the school together, Caesar still was broken over getting his cousins killed and Riley was tired of seeing the once proud black kid, turn into a little sniffing little boy.

"Negro listen, you got to cut that shit out! It was your fault! Nobody elses! Get over it!" He grabbed Caesar by the shoulders and slapped the shit out of him. "Look at me, you got them killed! Nothing is going to change about that. So, live with that shit."

"I'm not going to keep hanging around you if you're going to continue acting like this."

Caesar nodded weakly and Riley let go of his shoulders and they continued walking. "Alright, let's go eat at a diner."

The walked to the local diner and sat down at the furthest booth away from the front. "I'll pay, I have a couple of dollars." Caesar said. Riley nodded. "I already knew you were paying, I don't have any money."

Tom and Jazmine finally arrived on the scene, they saw Jazmine in the streets trying to flag down vehicles.

They pulled on side of the road and got out of the vehicle.

"Where's Huey!"

Jazmine pointed towards the woods and they went inside of the bushes. They went through the woods and saw Huey sprawled out on the ground. 

Robert dropped to his knees. "Huey! Who did this?!" Robert yelled in agony, as he watched his Grandson's limp body, it didn't feel like he had any life in him. "Tom! Help me get him in the car." Robert stood up and grabbed Huey's arms while Tom took ahold of his legs. They both carried him out of the woods and sat him upright in the back seat. Jazmine got in as well and they all rushed to the hospital desperate to save Huey's life.

When they arrived, they didn't even park, they got out of the vehicle and rushed him inside, where he was immediately taken to the ER for immediate care. Robert , and the rest were forced to wait outside and wait on the news. It'd be a little awhile before they'd know anything.

To be continued...

This is a little preview of what's to come. Let me know if you want another chapter of this book, it's one of my favs that i've ever written which is why I brought it back.