6.

Huey's POV.

I snapped my head towards Riley, hearing his little remark. "You know them don't you, boy?" I question him, standing up.

I watch him shake his head and deny him knowing the children.

"No, I don't know them boys, I just feel bad for them as all. The last boy will certainly be lynched if they catch them." He lies.

I look at Riley up and down and I notice his shirt is covered in dirt along with his pants. I stare at his shoes which are covered in mud. I approach him even closer. "If you are the third man in that news cast. You tell me now, Riley. They'll kill us all for this. So, if you've done something tell me now boy!" I raise my voice.

Riley backs away. "Listen, Huey... I wasn't apart of it. They tried to get me to join but I told them no!"

"Told who no?" I questioned him further.

"Caesar, Lenny, and Marcus. They wanted me to join them for the revolution? But, all they really wanted to do is hurt the poor boy."

I wanted to ask even more questions but I heard banging at the door. I let it bang one more time before rushing to the front door. I opened it and it was a boy, about my height looking very afraid.

It was Caesar, I closed the door behind him. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I can't make it back to the slums. The police and klan members are patrolling around. They want blood for this!"

I cross my arms, giving him a certain look. "This isn't our problem."

Caesar snapped around and looked at me up and down. "Aren't you a brother? Aren't you down for the cause? MY PROBLEMS are YOUR problems, brotha!"

I roll my eyes, clearly seeing the fact he's using his "cause" to try and hurt people. "Don't you bring the cause into this. You and your brothers went to a white boy's house to hurt him. The situation has been over for weeks now. The only reason, I'm allowing you in this house is because we share the same color, 'brotha'."

Caesar stayed quiet through out me speaking.

"Now, we'll let you stay here for a couple hours but after that, you HAVE to go. Granddad will be back and he'll surely call the police on you."

Caesar nodded. "Thank you brotha, I'll be sure to tell my father about this." Caesar went into the living room and sat down in front of the TV. The news cast was still talking about his crimes. He reached onto the knob and turned it, switching it to a different channel.

"I'm going outside. Riley keep an eye on him for all of our sakes." I turn around and go out of the front door. We've only been here for a month and a half and we're already getting into deep trouble. I saw Jazmine coming out of her door the same time as me. She skipped towards me and began walking with me. I noticed she had straightened out her hair once again.

"When did that occur?" I ask.

"A few minutes ago. My mom had the time to do it today? Doesn't it looks beautiful?"

"It definitely looks...europeon." I say and look ahead.

"What is that supposed to mean? Are you making fun of me again?"

"Take it whoever you want. Your natural hair is beautiful."

"No it isn't. It's frizzy and hard to maintain."

"You should start embracing your natural african features more. You should start tuning into the radio and listen to a guy named Dr. Umar. If he wasn't so loud I'd put him up there with Malcolm X."