7.

Huey came back into the house sometime later, expecting a big ruckus. But, he heard no such thing. He went into the living room and his eyes widened when he saw a beaten Riley with a red swollen welt around his neck. His first thought is thinking he was dead. He rushed over to his brother and began viciously shaking him.

"Riley, wake up!" He said, shaking him faster.

Eventually Riley's eyes came open and he looked at Huey with anger. "Can't let me sleep, Negro? First, I get beaten by some officers, almost hanged, and now you gotta wake me up?" He said, sitting up right.

Huey sighed in relief. "What do you mean cops came to the house?"

"Two big police officers, came to the door asking me questions and such. They saw the dirt on my clothing and they immediately thought I had something to do with the stabbing. They took me. They beat me and tried to hang me up." Riley took a moment to gather his breath. "That little mixed girl across the street saw me and she told her father. Who told Caesar's dad and he rescued me." Riley explained.

Huey nodded his head, thinking for a moment. "Now, that I'm thinking about it, Riley. Why in the world do you have dirt on your clothes? And don't give me a lie or i'll tell Pa."

Riley sighed. "I went to find Cindy and I told her I was sorry. But, apparently a ford was following her and I got chased through the woods and almost killed."

Huey shook his head. "Pa, should've sent you military school. We've been here for a short amount of time. And you've somehow managed to almost get yourself killed 3 times. I'd go wash up now before Pa gets back home."

Riley sighs and stands up, taking a look at Huey before going upstairs and going to take a nice well needed bath.

Huey got up from his squatting position and went to the television.

"Black Panther terrorists kill a bunch of Innocent White People After trying to hang local delinquent more information will be provided shortly."

Huey immediately turned off the TV. "That's it for today." He went upstairs and went into their room. He sat down on his bed, eventually falling asleep.

"BOYS get ready for school now!" They heard their Pa yell from downstairs. They got out of their beds quickly. They both got ready for school quickly. They didn't eat any breakfast as their appetites were lost yesterday after all that mess.

They went out the front door and Riley went the other direction before Huey put a hand on his shoulder. "We don't have to walk anymore. Jazmine talked to Ruckus, we be on the bus now." Riley nodded and turned around, following them to the bus stop. There he saw, Jazmine.

They sat their in silence for awhile before Huey turned to her and said. "I'm thankful you saved my brother yesterday." Huey started.

Jazmine smiled. "No need for any praise, Huey. I saw a boy being beaten by police and I wanted to help."

Huey nodded and begin to look at the road. "We'll make a sista out of you one day." He chuckled a bit before gaining back his compsure.

Jazmine didn't respond to his comment. After a few moments of silent, another pair of footsteps started approaching them. Riley turned his head and saw Cindy. She froze when she saw Riley, but continued along, getting in the middle of Huey and Jazmine.

After that, the bus came and they all loaded in, not without Uncle Ruckus staring at Riley and Huey for a good moment before letting them pass. Huey sat in Jazmine's seat and Riley stole someone else seat to sit across from Cindy.