chapter twenty-three: always and forever

✧︎MILES HELD YOUR WAIST TIGHT as you both soared through the loud night skies

MILES HELD YOUR WAIST TIGHT as you both soared through the loud night skies. A stark contrast from when they're quiet at this time. He swung from building to building until he found the perfect one. Your shared apartment complex.

And as funny and cliché as it sounds, it felt right to him.

Landing Miles sets you down and you don't give it a second thought before you leap into his arms, he doesn't have time to catch you and you guys fall to the ground. At least you had Miles to break your fall.

His reflexes are slow and he's burnt out from the fight.

"Sorry!" He groans in pain as you land on his bruised ribs, he pulls his mask off roughly his black curly locs going wild. "Damn, Y/n you couldn't have given me a second?" The boy wrapped his other arm around you, "Obviously not!" You're smiling as the words escape your lips.

Miles shoves your side and you laugh softly. At first, he's annoyed but then he gets lost in you. Miles caught himself admiring you, but he didn't care. He stared at you and listened to the way you laughed, the way you smiled, he watched your eyes crinkle as you held your stomach from the laughter.

It never gets old to him.

You catch him staring at you a second later, "What?" He smiles softly, "Just let me memorize you for a second." That response takes you aback. You scoff lightly, "What are you on?"

You get up off of him and stand, and he follows. You make quick work in heading over to the railing on the rooftop and laying your head down on it. You spread your arms out on it to act as a pillow, you looked up at the sky.

"You're my best friend, you know that right?" You don't look back at him, the stars were the first thing on your mind.

Miles stood next to you, he glanced down at you as you looked up at the stars. He shakes his head, he's trying to work up the courage to say what he brought you up here for.

Miles decides to make his approach, gently, "Y/n." The seriousness of his voice inclined you to turn around. You spin on your heel and stare back at him with curiosity dancing in your dark brown orbs.

"Hm?" You lean back on the railing an innocent look on your face.

"I've been meaning to tell you something, for a while. I can't believe it took me this long to do it," Miles walked towards you and you couldn't help but hold your breath in anticipation.

What was he talking about?

"Miles what are you-!" He doesn't let you finish your sentence before swiftly pulling you closer and lifting you up, holding you firmly in his arms. The moonlight reflected in his eyes and his flushed cheeks, courtesy of the crazy night you shared, making him look wickedly handsome.

While you do protest his sudden approach, you can't help but giggle. What is he doing?

"I'm romancing you." He says as if he can read your mind. He can't, but he can read your facial expressions. His tongue shoots out to lick his bottom lip, "Ya know, sweeping you off your feet and all that. Like all those books and movies you talk about." He's slurring his words and while he's holding you pretty tightly, you can tell the fight got to him as he staggers a bit from side to side.