chapter seventeen: wish me luck

✧︎

✧︎

   THAT'S IT. THAT FEELING. A new kind of radiance was shining through me. It was strange but in a good way. My head wasn't muddled with sad grey clouds, instead, I felt brightness for the first time in years. Even a little speck of happiness was peaking through all those feelings.

Perhaps, it's because the past is being left where it belongs... behind me. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I have Y/n in my arms. She keeps me in a constant state of falling. There were always ups and downs and back and forths when it came to her...

But I didn't mind the ride as long I was on that rollercoaster with her by my side. I fell for her long ago, but it's almost as if she's making me fall for her all over again. And my heart, my soul desperately wants her to fall for me too...

"Oh, my god. Are you alright? Were you hurt?"

I smile as she worries.

"More than alright, you're here."

I watch as she tries to hide her smile but fails miserably.

"I can't believe you did that. I knew you could, but seeing it with my own eyes was better than me having to hear about it after the fact. How did you do that?"

A small bit of guilt starts to make its way into my chest as it tightens. I left her. I really thought I could do this without her. But I chose to brush that aside in fear that she'll feel the weight of my guilt.

"I don't know...didn't think about it, I just did it."

But all I knew at that moment was that I wanted to kiss her. I held her softly, afraid that if I were to hold her any tighter she would break.

She's a handcrafted masterpiece.

Everything about her makes me want to get down on my knees and worship the ground she walks on.

Was that too much?

Nah, it's Y/n after all.

Nothing was to much when it came to her.

Miles gave me this sensational pit in my stomach that felt as if I was falling. Like one of those rollercoasters with a big, unexpected drop that leaves your stomach all twisted together.

Usually, that feeling makes me want to throw up...

But I was too busy floating, falling...

And I hoped that when I was ready to hit the ground, Miles would be there to catch me.

Miles comes closer, towering over me and making everything around us fade. As if there's just he and I in the entire world. Regardless of how much time we spend apart, be that days or weeks, the magnetic pull between us remains the same. And I can't deny that I missed him looking at me the way he is right now.