Chapter two: brooklyn visions academy

✧︎

✧︎

"𝙈𝘼, 𝙄 𝙃𝘼𝙑𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙂𝙊𝙊𝙊𝙐𝙃!"

"In a minute!"

Rio loved her son. He was disgusted by the kisses planted all over his face by his mom on the outside but really, he didn't mind. It made her happy to do, so in turn he would deal with it. She gave the boy one last kiss before releasing him.

He rushed down the stairs to you with puffed cheeks. He was pouting. You made kissy lips at Miles as he sprinted down the stairs mimicking his mom. Knowing just how embarrassed he was that you watched the entire thing unfold.

But it was nothing new she did this every day.

He simply shoved past you muttering a rushed shut up as his face bloomed a scarlet red. Chuckling lowly you roll your eyes. It wasn't that bad. Turning back you wave to his mom giving her a big warm-hearted smile. She waved back wishing you both a good first day.

You catch up to Miles and shove your phone in your pocket. And as you walked down the busy streets with him you both pass your old school and for some reason Miles can't help but stop to chitchat with his past class. Even though you two were going to be late.

"Miles come on!"

He just turned back to you and shrugged, "I can't ignore the people Y/n." Whatever the fuck that meant.

You felt like a broken record at this point.

Why did you like him again?

He was waving, dabbling up, and just overall being friendly with your old classmates. "Yo, Miles what's good bro? Haven't seen you on the court in a while." One of his friends said he shrugged his shoulders and pointed to his uniform.

"Keeps me busy." The two of you haven't been there yet...

You're still following slowly behind him, you send a text on your phone when you hear someone shout your name.

When you look up from your phone Miles is long gone walking with a few of his old friends.

Your head snaps up, eyes searching for said person when you lock eyes with them. And you go right back to your phone. You attempt to ignore them but they stand tall in front of you and stop you in your tracks.

You see their feet in front of you and sigh. Looking up from your phone, "Yes. Darrell?" It was your ex-boyfriend.

"Where you goin'? Schools right there." He points to your old school now behind you confusion written all over his face. "I don't go there no more," You pause. "What do you want? I broke up with you two weeks ago." You talk to the boy with slow words. You always thought he was a little slow.

You only ever dated him so you could forget Miles. Of course, it didn't work, if only, it made you want to be with him more. That was a dumb move.

"I know you didn't mean it ma'." He takes a step closer to you trying to close the space you put between you two, "It's all good, all is forgiven." He reaches for your hands to hold but you pull away.