025

Alexandria Wright

Alexandria Wright

They found Kai's body. One of us has to go identify him to make sure it is him. They said he has a pretty beat-up face so they went based on dental records. When I got the phone call from Officer Velasquez I didn't react. I kind of was just there.

That brings me to now. My siblings surround me and they are debating on who should go. Hunter excused himself due to the fact he thought this was an immediate family discussion. He knows how hard today is going to be on all of us. But Hunter thought he should go see his mom again. Her treatments are going well.

As of right now Violet and Nathan are out, and we are afraid Cam will spiral into drugs again, Elizabeth doesn't have the stomach for it when she even sees a paper cut she faints. She has since we were kids. That leaves me and Oliver.

"Are you sure I can't do it?" Cameron asks, looking at me.

"No. We all remember what happened the last time you fell down the deep end." Elizabeth answered, patting his shoulder. "I'll do it."

"Liz, you'll faint before you walk into the room. This is between me and Oliver." I give her a reassuring smile.

"Can both of you go? That way you will have someone with you." Violet suggests holding Nate's bicep. Her eyes are bloodshot from crying. "I think all of us will feel better if you don't go alone."

"I'm sure we can." Oliver looks at me. "Do you think that would be a better idea?"

"Yeah. He said we could go any time we wanted. Whenever you are ready I am." Cameron puts his hand on my knee. I lean over, putting my head on his shoulder.

We still haven't gotten the chance to have the talk he wanted to have but I can tell he is trying to act more nurturing towards me. I haven't decided the way I feel about it yet.

It's weird because I went for years on opposite ends of the table with him until now he comforts me when I need it. He wants me to take out all my anger on him even if it makes him feel horrible he would rather me feel better.

"Today will make everything real." My older sister says.

This was the moment we were all dreading. I think some of us didn't want it to ever happen solely based on the fact that this is a life-altering moment.

"We have been on different teams the last decade of our lives but now the whole game has changed. We look out for each other and make sure everyone is okay." Elizabeth shocks me as she lets the words fall from her mouth. "A piece of us was robbed and we can't get it back."

"Agreed." The rest of us say at the same time.

"You ready Lex?" I look at Oliver who has a nervous expression on his face.

I lift my head off my brother's shoulder. "No. But I don't think I ever will be." Cameron squeezes my knee before I stand up. I walk over to the twins leaning down and giving each a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you right when I get back."