" I guess, I'll come with you ". M Row nodded his head towards the door as Chi began to walk back towards her room and her brother did the same " Aii get ready now ". Chi stepped back into her sanctuary and closed the door before scratching her messy bed head and walking over to her six drawer black dresser. She pulled out a grey pair of prettylittlething sweats and replaced the black leggings she had on with them.

Chi had then went to get closet and grabbed the matching hoodie and slipped her arms into it since she already had on a shirt. As a small yawn escaped her lips, she grabbed the white edge booster jar and red edge brush before making her way into the bathroom and turning on the light. It was as if she got caught in a tornado because her hair had looked a mess in the mirror as she removed the scrunchie and began to open the jar.

After twenty long minutes of fighting with her hair, Chi was back in her room putting her sneakers on with her hair in a slicked back low bun — usually her go to. Slipping her other foot into her cool grey 11s, she leaned over to make sure the white laces were even before hearing M Row speak " I don't know why you got dressed up. None of them niggas talking to you ", he stated as Chi stood upright and rolled her eyes.

" Mare nobody wants your friends ew ", she disgustingly replied while slipping her arms into her white coat sleeves and throwing her phone inside. " I'm just playing relax ", he dragged as Chi walked down the hall to the house door and unlocked the top lock. She was met with a cold breeze in the hallway before hearing her brother shut the door quietly as she remembered she didn't think she had her blistex.

Feeling for her blistex, she pulled it out of her pocket and began to twist open the top while walking through the hallway and going to press the circular button " Lemme get some ", she heard her brother ask. " This is why my blistex always goes missing ", she pointed out. The creaking doors of the elevator opening had alerted their attention as they stepped inside and Chi passed M Row the little blistex.

He had pressed one as the elevator rang out on each floor it had passed and she applied some blistex to her lips when M Row passed it back before dropping it back into her pocket. They reached the first floor and they both walked out next to each other. A cold breeze hit Chi right in her face as she mushed her face into her coat and followed behind her brother to the building across from them. She could see some of his mans standing under the overhead part of the building as she watched him dap them up.

One of them always would try and flirt with her but she wouldn't talk to any of his friends, nobody close with her brother at that. " Wassup Chi ", one of them nodded at her as she waved.
" Oh you can't speak now ? ", the brownskin boy who would always flirt with her asked as she rolled her eyes and removed her mouth from under her jacket.

" Hi Duece, like you see it's mad cold outside ", she grumbled as Duece squinted his eyes at her with a smirk. One of the other boys passed her brother a blunt as he took a pull and removed it from his lips " Duece don't wild out on my sister ", he laughed. Chi started to regret coming outside as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and saw she had a missed call from her friend.

Stepping away from them, she tapped her name as the FaceTime call rang and soon connected with her friends face " BITCH, I just had a whole panic attack over a spider in my room ", she rambled which made Chi laugh. " My sister too over a little ass ladybug bro ", she added on as her friend squinted her eyes at Chi's whereabouts " If you on the block, let me know if my man outside. He been ignoring my texts ", she happily stated.

" Nah, i'm with Mare and his other mans ", Chi let her know before hearing her friend suck her teeth " So this nigga cheating on me ? Bet. Let me call you back ", her friend told her with an aggravated tone before the call hung up and she heard her name being called. Turning around to walk over to her brother, a cold shudder erupted her body which made it jump out of reflex " You good ? And yo can you go get papers from the store ? ".

Although she didn't want to travel nowhere else right now, she said yes because it was better than standing outside and doing nothing " Okay but I'm buying food and no ya cannot have none at all ", she smirked before beginning to walk away and hearing them all shout stuff at her which made her laugh. She stuck up her middle finger and flicked him off before beginning to walk out of the walkway to their projects.

Taking her phone out again, she turned the corner and began to scroll on tiktok while watching as she walked down the dark blocks until she realized something was wrong. It had felt like someone was watching her, and it was going on twelve in the morning and she had been having that feeling for a few days now. Starting to pick up her pace, she looked back and saw a black car with tints slowly driving next to her which made her instantly turn back around.

She started to speed walk now before hearing the car doors open and men in ski masks chasing after her. Dropping her phone in the process, she started to scream out her brothers name in bloody murder so that he could atleast try and come help her. About to run back into the project complex, her heavy footsteps pounded onto the pavement before she looked back and jumped because someone was closer than she thought.

Grabbing her hoodie, she saw her brother come from around the corner of the dark entrance and reach at his waistband " CHI ? YO THEY GOT CHI ". A loud gunshot went off as tears started to spill down onto her face and she could see black gloves coming into her view which eventually wrapped around her mouth as she tried to scream. One of the men had a black cloth coming into Chi's view as she moved her head around in defense from whatever was on the cloth. Dozens of gunshots had went off as someone got hit and Chi also saw her brother instantly grab his arm.

She could see blood seeping under his coat onto the ground as she tried to scream and run towards her brother but the perpetrators hold around her neck was too tight. Feeling herself being dragged backwards while endless tears fell down onto her face, another person in all black and a ski mask was walking up to her with a gun in his hand, making Chi start to hit her body against the other perpetrators to get free.

She saw the black cloth being given to the other boy which made her scared shitless but all she could think about was her brother dying, her siblings were her whole world and she didn't understand why this had to happen to them. Out of all nights, why tonight ?. She felt herself stumble onto the street and found herself standing next to the car door as her loud cries started to turn into sobs. The boy removed his hand from her mouth and she tried to scream for what she thinks might be the last time.

" Don't be scared love, we not gon' hurt you ", a boy with a certain type of bass in his voice that was scary had told her before the cloth had came closer to her face and touched her nose. The slight smell had caused Chi's vision to get blurry as the last thing she had saw was the dark brown building of her project home.

|| 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑

Keep or delete ? 🤔
Trying something new this time