The Last Secret part 2

This is where we left off. This is part 2 of The Last Secret. I hope you like this chapter. This is probably long as well. I decided to not have an intro in this chapter due to the cliffhanger being sad and left to be "mysterious".

Previously on The Bad Guys

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Well, great catching up!" Hornet said smilingly.

"Yeah. See ya around..., buddy," Piranha lightly poked Hornet's shoulder as a way to playfully punch him.

Hornet was pacing around while Mira, Nickel, Rusty, Daxton, and Dusk kept their eyes on him while he was moving around, "So now, Piranha and I can barely make eye contact because of that stupid rumor. I mean, Piranha actually thinks I have a crush on him," he laughed hysterically.

"Hey, where's your partner in crime?" Wolf asked.

"Who?" Piranha questioned without understanding what Wolf was asking about.

"Hornet, Piranha. I was talking about Hornet," Wolf reminded.

Piranha groaned annoyingly, "Thanks to you, things are a bit weird between us right now."

"Do you have a crush on me?" Piranha asked. He wanted to make sure of that because he was expecting something from Hornet that Piranha didn't want to pressure him about.

"Uhhh..." Hornet wanted to speak the truth, but all he wanted was to avoid tension between him and Piranha as he answered. "No. I don't.

"Well, that talk went backfired," the guinea pig spoke loudly.

"It made me wonder what would they think when they realize you had been keeping that secret for a long long time," Marmalade mentioned, making Hornet turn to him with a glare, "What would they think that they were friends with a test subject? I don't think they want to stay friends with an odd test subject like you."

Hornet suddenly looked down, imagining what would his friends react to this.

Marmalade gasped dramatically as he mentioned this, "What Mr. Piranha would say too?"

"I have to leave, probably forever, and I couldn't go without telling you the truth," Hornet told Piranha.

"Goodbye! Goodbye, everyone!" Hornet cried as he flew back into his room, and closed the door.

"Hornet!" Piranha rushed to follow Hornet, "Hey! What do you mean—?" When he opened the door, Piranha noticed that Hornet was nowhere to be seen in his room. All of his stuff was there, but no Hornet.

"Hornet?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piranha was in his room, staring out the window, watching the night sky. He wasn't exactly watching the beautiful view of the night. That's not what he was thinking. He was staring out the window to wait for Hornet to come back home.

"Hornet, where are you?" Piranhha whispered. He wanted Hornet back home so he could talk to him about his confession earlier.

Is it really true? Hornet had a crush on him? Did he have feelings for him before? Why would Hornet lied to him. Piranha did ask Hornet if he had a crush on him, and the insect said no. But, before he left, he did have a crush on him? Why didn't Hornet tell him when he asked him that question?