1: Cobwebs

"How was your day?" My mom asks while jingling her keys in front of the door. "I-It was good!" I say with widened eyes as I nervously chuckle a little.

My mom raises an eyebrow before opening the door to the apartment and throwing her bag on the staircase. "Don't tell me you've been hanging out with that Stacy girl again.. I can tell by how dirty your clothes are.."
My mom takes a deep breathe.

I sigh, knowing I've been caught. "What's wrong with her?" I step into the house, closing the door shut behind me. I wave my arms. "I mean, she was top of her class-"

"Ah- ah- ah! She was." She says while taking her coat off. "We've been through this before, Y/N." My mom puts a hand to her forehead. "I don't want to have to tell you but, if I see or know you've been hanging out with her again, you're grounded for two weeks."

She says in a slightly fed up tone as she walks into the kitchen, leaving me annoyed and frustrated. "God.." I mumble before following her into the kitchen.

"She's not as bad as you think she is!" I say with a pleading tone. My mom begins to look into the fridge for ingredients. "That girl.. was the one responsible for getting you home drunk and wasted, and getting you a B+ on your exam."

She grabs a package of onions from the fridge before turning to me. "That was my choice! There's nothing wrong with wanting to just live a little, which you never let me do." I cross my arms.

She then places the package of onions down. "I do let you live. I cook for you and I let you live under this roof. And what do you do? You go off hanging around with a hooligan who's a drummer.. in a band." My mom places her wrists on the edge of the kitchen counter, looking at me with impatient eyes.

I feel myself fuming a little at the way she's speaking about Gwen. "Why don't you get that.. maybe I like hanging out with Gwen because she's a good friend to me?"

My mom furrows her eyebrows. "I know what a good friend looks like, and  SHE'S far from that, Y/n. She will hurt you. She's only there to drag you down."

I furrow my eyebrows more, clenching my fists. "Gwen is not a burden to me!" I snap, causing my mom to widen her mouth a little. "So far, the only person that's dragging me down is you."

I snatch a fruit from the bowl in front of her before stomping upstairs. I throw my bag on the bed, looking into it quickly for my notepad and my pencil case.

I sit on my desk, breathing out slowly before beginning to write notes on today's Biology lesson. I take a bite of my apple and place it on my desk. I then sigh loudly, giving up and groaning. Looking out my window onto the city and into the sunset, tears fill my eyes a little.

I then look back down, spotting a scribble on my notes. I examine it closer and see Gwen's writing. It was a little cute doodle of us together, however badly drawn it may have been.

I smile a little before pushing myself to continue writing. Minutes turn into an hour as I finally finish up my homework, stretching and yawning.

I close my eyes, resting on my hand. A soft hum lures in the background due to the fan panning around the room. The city lights can be easily seen through the darkness of the night.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the window, causing my head to perk up and my eyes to flutter open. My vision clears as I recognize Gwen at the window, in her Spiderwoman suit.

I jump up, giving her a large smile and sliding the window open. "Gwen? What are you doing here?" I say with a giddy tone as she climbs in.

She pulls off hood then her mask, revealing her face as she shakes her blonde short hair out. "I was just, you know, swinging around and I just um.. wanted to see you. Heh." She rubs the back of her head with a small smile.