Chapter Thirty-one: Behind it All

Eyyy. Fast updating ;) enjoyyy. I'll start dedicating some chapters to some of those readers who always votes and comments. I appreciate it! :)

******

"You're new here, right?" Yukana asked with a simper, sipping her tea.

"Well. . . yes, I am. But I'm just traveling around, though." The pinkette nodded in agreement towards the caramel-haired's statement.

"Is that so? Then would you like me to tour you here at the Land of Waterfalls?" She offered; her warm smile unwavering.

Sakura brightened up with the brunette's proposal, "Sure, thank you."

The two left after paying for their drinks and food. Sakura and Yukana walked out of the tea house, knowing that it's already afternoon.

"Yukana. . . can I ask you something?" Sakura asked as they walked together.

The caramel-haired lady nodded in agreement, "Of course, what is it?"

Sakura mustered up her courage to ask the girl, "Do you, by any chance, know why the Ōtsubo clan was extinct?"

Yukana's eyebrows furrowed upon hearing the pinkette's question. Without any hesitation, Yukana grabbed Sakura's arm and lead her to a nearby place without any people.

"Y-Yukana? What are you doing?" Sakura struggled, confused with Yukana's actions.

The caramel-haired girl glanced at the location, and there was no other people around them. She sighed and took off her jacket, showing a crest symbol on the chest-part of her kunoichi blouse.

And Sakura knew that crest.

"Are you. . . part of the Ōtsubo clan?" The pinkette said in utter shock. Yukana exhaled sharply and studied Sakura's face, clearing her throat.

"Yes, I am. And what business do you have with my clan?"

***

"Please help us find Sakura," Mebuki Haruno pleaded as soon as Naruto, Kakashi and Sasuke made it to their house. "She was still here last night and when we woke up, she was gone."

Kakashi crossed his arms and nodded, "I see. Did she left some note or letter to at least inform you where she is?"

Kizashi searched for the piece of paper inside his pocket that he found earlier on the table. Once he was able to take it out, he gave it to the masked jounin.

I'll be out on a mission. Don't worry, I'll be back as soon as possible. Keep safe. I love you both. -Sakura

Team seven (excluding Sakura) read the note and frowned. Tsunade told them that she didn't give Sakura a mission, so where is she?

"Sakura-chan. . ." Naruto muttered as he tried to think where Sakura may be.

Kakashi sighed and folded the paper, hiding it in his pocket. "We'll find her."

The three ninjas exited Sakura's house, assuring Mebuki and Kizashi that they will find and bring back Sakura.

Outside, Kakashi decided that it will be better if Naruto and Sasuke would rest for a bit and calm themselves upon affirming that Sakura was no where in Konoha. The Uzumaki agreed as they parted ways.

"Kakashi-sensei. . ." Sasuke spoke, gaining the Hatake's attention. They watched as Naruto move away from them, earning privacy to speak.

"Aren't you going to rest, Sasuke?" The silver-haired man remarked.