013.

★

30th June 2014

Seven years ago...

My fingertip traces the edge of Harry's jaw as he sleeps soundly beside me in my bed. His cheek is smushed into my pillow on my side of the bed where both of us cuddled incredibly close all night.

Since he surprised me yesterday, I've barely let him go because I know he will be gone again soon for a while and so I am clinging to every small inch of touch I can get.

Tracing the sharp line of his jaw, I smile numbly to myself as a small smile lightly curls the corner of his pink lips that are squashed by the way that his head is melting into the pillow.

It was a small smile, barely there if you're not intently watching him as if he hung the stars in the sky but nonetheless, I can see the dainty way that his lips turn upwards peacefully.

Do you ever have those moments where you know you're living out the best part of your life?

This morning is one of those bittersweet moments where I wish I could freeze time and just live in those few seconds in between my finger touching his soft skin delicately and the careful instinctual smile that warps his pretty face. In the short time that it took his body to automatically react to my soft touch makes me feel like I am the only girl in the world.

In those few seconds, the harsher line that rests between his eyebrows as he sleeps briefly irons out. His eyes soften from the harsh squint into a soft feathering flutter.

My life has been swirling out of control recently, my career is finally starting to take off and while that is all I have ever wanted in life; I think now I realise some bigger dreams of mine.

I'm grateful for my career and the opportunities that I am being able to take now that I have officially moved to LA but despite this, since meeting Harry, I have realised the importance of love and friendship.

My life before was always so focused on working. I've been doing it non-stop since I was eight years old. I met Harry and I finally started doing some stuff for myself. Priya and I followed them around on tour for a month or two before we had to come back here for work.

But, in finally taking back a little bit of control, I saw that work shouldn't be the only thing I live for.

Being loved by someone like Harry teaches you so many things.

Running my finger delicately back and forth his jaw, I smile to myself and soak up the lazy grin that he is wearing while still sound asleep beside me. Our legs are interlocked, his arms wound tightly around my stomach to hold me to his chest like a giant teddy bear.

He makes me feel things that I didn't even know someone like me could feel.

There are feelings that I didn't know had names until I sat late at night and tried to explain them to Pri who just watched me struggle with a fond smile before giving me a hug and telling me she was happy for me.