002.

★

12th December 2013.

7 years ago...

"So, you're with Harry?"

On the other side of the room, Harry stands with his curly hair brushed back from his face but small strands still flick forward around his ears.

I am mystified by the smile that graces his face while he converses with someone that called his name loudly through the crowd and summoned him.

He really is fascinating to watch. The way he is so delicately shy and yet somehow manages to command the entire room and have everyone here enraptured with his presence. Without even trying he has caught the interest of everyone standing on that side of the party. Beady sets of eyes and perked ears hang off every word he says during his story while moving his hand about and in turn moving the tumbler around.

The boyish grin that stretches his lips as he spills some of his drink makes me smile. Subconsciously, I find my heart beating quicker at the carefree smile.

"Arlie?"

"Hmm?" I turn towards where the voice was coming from, finally snapping myself out of the Harry-induced trance. "Sorry, what was that?"

"Are you and Harry together?"

"Sorry?-" I nearly choke on the small sip of tequila I just drank.

The lady that I was making small talk with asks me the same question but all it does is reinforce the stiffness in my body as I realise I have no clue what Harry and I are. These last two months have just been us having fun, we didn't label anything and I didn't think we had to but in hindsight, we should have realised that coming to events like this would start gossip and provoke questions that I don't think either of us have the answers for yet.

"You and Harry?" She continues to pry as I hastily look over in Harry's direction, hoping that he is no longer the star of the show so that he can come and save me.

Sure enough, like the saving grace that he is, he starts to weave his way through the crowd. Smiling and nodding politely, he doesn't stop as he makes his way towards me on a mission.

"Hey, Trouble!" He calls out happily just as he gets close enough for me to hear over the pounding music. "I thought I lost you for a sec..."

I smile tightly, giving him wide eyes and hopefully conveying a message that I need to stop talking to this lady and fast.

He understands in record time, his large hand falling to the small of my waist as he pulls me ever so slightly back into him and the warmth that comes with being so close to someone who glows from the inside out like him.

"Well, you found me again!" I chirp. "Are you ready to go?"

"Just about, are you?" He answers, discreetly backing the two of us up so we create a distance between us and the nosey lady who is most likely just trying to find information to either sell or spread.