Bad Aftermath or 'Happily' Ever After?

Nightmare woke up to Nurse Anti-Life checking up on her, the zombie was rather light on her feet for being dead. That was something the demon could respect. She moved her dark hair out of her face with a smile as she was looking over a clipboard with Nightmare's diagnosis. She finally spoke, however, she spoke like a normal person instead of having a raspy, dead voice like other Hellish creatures. "Alrighty then." She pulled a bottle filled with a yellow liquid out of her pocket. "This should do the trick." The undead nurse turned to the demon who was now sitting up. Her energy was still dead as Anti-Life was, but she had enough energy to sit up and just stay there. "Oh Mist!" She lightly laid the demon back down. "Don't sit up! You don't have enough energy yet!"

Nightmare opened her mouth to apologize but nothing came out.

"Gods, you've barely enough energy to function normally!" She took out a needle and filled it with the yellow liquid. "Here, it should restore your energy... mostly. I've never worked with magical parents before, but-" she froze. "Where's Starlight?"

Nightmare forced herself to look to her side, there was a bed that looked like it had been used recently, there was also a large indenture where Mayhem was laying in Starlight's backstrap. Yeah, even if it wasn't said, it could very clearly be seen that Starlight was the other patient. She managed to close her mouth and look back at Anti-Life who was clearly stressed enough without Starlight's disappearance. The nurse shook her head and injected Nightmare with the substance.

"It'll start working in a few minutes." She left the room.

It was supposed to be a few minutes but it was only thirty seconds until a wave of energy washed over Nightmare. She sighed and sat up. "You just can't stop stressing people out, can you Starlight?"

Danielle appeared in the room, showing their shared soul, the other half of Danielle's was about two inches away from the merged soul. "Nightmare."

"What?"

"Do you remember what happened?"

"No, do you?"

"No, but a note was left in the waiting room for me," Danielle explained. "It was by Starlight but..." The look on Danielle's face was worrying Nightmare. "Apparently you went on a sudden rampage and she barely managed to stop you. There were thankfully no casualties but still, I'm worried about you."

Nightmare wore a warm smile, "I'm fine, and thanks for worrying."

"Now, how's-" she looked at Starlight's bed and nearly released her floating. "Wasn't she supposed to be here?"

"Yeah, Anti-Life had the same reaction."

"Oh. Really, again?"

"Yep."

"Why does she always disappear like this?"

"I dunno. I guess she has other things to do."

"I guess."

"My only question is; if she stopped me, how is she still not here?" Nightmare asked, "I mean, I know I do a ton of damage, even when I am in control of myself."

"I guess that does make sense, but this is Starlight we're talking about. She's as persistent as Scout is towards you."

"Please don't remind me." She shook her head.

Starlight woke up in Mist's void, London was already waiting there. Mist and London explained the situation to Starlight, even though she already figured that would happen. London had gone on to explain what the possibilities of Creator remembering due to her being code are... It's a 51/49. More likely her not remembering than remembering by a slight chance.

"Happily" Ever After?

Oh no my friend, this story is just the beginning.