chapter 18.

a few weeks later:

kie and jj still haven't spoken. it's breaking both of their hearts but kie's has been hurt too much this year to risk it being hurt again. it's very fragile. jj just wishes there was something he could do to prove that it wasn't his fault. he loves kie and misses her like crazy.

jj got the money from his dead grandmother that he had no clue about, and has decided to leave for a while. he's getting a plane today at 5pm to yucutan, where he's gonna be staying for the next few months. of course he's gonna miss sarah and the boys like crazy, and he's still gonna visit them, but being here just isn't something he wants anymore. not when the person he wants to be here with wants nothing to do with him.

kie serves a table at the wreck. she's running pretty low on money but she couldn't bring herself to sell her dad's loved business, so she's owning it now. sophie is helping her with it and paying for a lot of the expenses, and kie is using her dad's inheritance money for the rest.

today is a kinda busy day. her, liv and josh are working, aswell as the chefs in the kitchen. kie is walking round, handing out dishes when the bell rings indicating someone has entered.

"hello, is it a table for 1?" liv says.

"uh. no.. i actually need to talk to kiara. is she here?"

"uhm, yeah. i'll go grab her" liv says, walking through the back.

"kie, there's someone here to see you!" liv calls.

"two minutes!" kie calls.

she walks out the back to see freya stood next to the door.

"what are you doing here?" she says.

"i'm not here to fight, i just wanna talk" freak says, holding her hands up in defence.

kie stands silently, giving her a deathstare.

"please"

she sighs. "i have a break in 5 minutes" she says.

"okay" freya nods.
_______

"okay, let's make this quick. what do you want?" kie says as her and freya sit on the table outside of the wreck.

"it's about jj" she says.

"i figured" kie says.

"what you walked in on, that day a few weeks ago. it wasn't him" she says. "it was me. i was super jealous of you two because i still liked jj so i wanted you guys to break up. and i thought the only way that would happen is if something really bad blew up. so i kissed him just as you walked through the door so that you'd see. i regret it so much knowing what i've done to you and jj and that's why i'm telling you this now. jj hasn't spoke to me since we had a huge argument after the incident. but kiara that boy loves you so much. i've been friends with him since we were tiny and he's never been like this with anyone. but he is with you. kiara he'd actually die for you. he'd give up anything for you. i'm sorry for everything but i can't watch your perfect relationship die because of me. i forcefully kissed him. i came onto him" she says.

kie sits speechless. "are you kidding me?" she says.

"no, i'm so sorry kiara, i really am, but you have to go tell him you know the truth before it's too late" freya says.

kie stands up as she pulls her phone out. 4:30pm. her shift finishes at 5.

"i can't just leave work" kie says, running her fingers through her hair.

"i can cover" freya offers.

kie raises her eyebrows.

"my mom owns a restaurant. plus there's other staff there, they can help me. just go find him" freya says.