chapter 6.

"a week?!" jj shouts.

"jj" sarah warns, putting her hand on his shoulder from behind him.

he turns around in his seat on the couch to look at sarah who's sat on the arm rest.

"yeah, a week. it's not easy to hack secure systems like these" charlie says, looking at the computer screen at the table, with pope.

"sorry, a week is just quite a while" jj says.

"well, that gives us plenty of time to perfect our plan, work on what can go wrong, escape routes, back up plans..." sarah says, standing up and walking to the whiteboard.

"pope. you said these two are the only ways in and out of the camp?" sarah said, pointing at the two gates.

"as far as i'm aware" pope says, standing next to sarah.

"okay, you keep talking about back up plans and escape routes, but what are they? how are we gonna make them?" john b says from next to jj.

"well... that's what we've got the next week to work on" sarah says.
_____________

"do you know what happened with that guy who got dragged away yesterday?" kie says as she puts the paint brush to the canvas.

"that's adam counter. he's been here for a few weeks. they found pills in his room" emily says.

"damn" kie says.

"i know" emily says.

"okay, so, you know all about my situation before i came here, but what about yours? who were your friends? did you have a boyfriend?" kie says.

"i had a few friends, and i didn't have a boyfriend. i'm a lesbian. i had a girlfriend though" emily says.

"oh. have you seen her since you got brought here?" kie says.

"yeah, she came in a few weeks ago. her name's rachel. if i ever get out of here i'm going straight to see her. friends on the other hand... i had lily, she was my best friend. i also had kyle and imogen. they were my friends too. we had a little group. we'd go out all the time" emily says.

kie smiles. "so did i. i had jj... my boyfriend who's now my ex... i had sarah, she's been my best friend for as long as i can remember. john b, pope and charlie are also my other friends. pope and charlie are together and so are john b and sarah. but the friendship between all of us is so pure. i met john b, pope and jj at work. my dad's restaurant. i was working and i went to serve a table, and there's these three boys. and a certain blonde caught my eye. he had sparkly blue eyes and a bright smile, with cute dimples. i went to serve them.. and i go "what would you like?" and jj said.. "you". and it was that moment, when my cheeks went bright pink i was like, damn. i just got close to them after that" kie smiles as she continues with her painting.

"he sounds nice. wanna talk about him some more?" emily says.

kie furrows her eyebrows. "you want to listen?"

"sure. i can tell you need to talk about him. i don't mind listening" emily says as she dips her paint brush in another colour on the pallet.

"when i first saw him, i got warned by everyone that he was a player. we went through a lot of bumps at the start of our relationship but he changed for me. i love him, but i never told him" kie says. "well.. actually, i did, in a voicemail that i left after the accident but i don't think need ever got it. i don't think it matters now..." she says.

"well, what you've described to me... sounds like you really loved him. and he really loved you. it doesn't just go away. the way you smiled when you spoke about him there... i've known you for a day and i can tell you're still in love with him" emily says.

kie sighs. "well... sometimes you have to accept the fact that things will never go back to the way they used to be. sometimes you have to accept that some people's part in your story is over" she says.

"what about when that one person, isn't just a chapter? because to me, he sounds like your whole story" emily says.

kie looks at her. she's right. she's known kie for such a short period of time, but she's right. jj means a lot to her. he's more than just a part, more than just a chapter. he's her whole story.
__________

"i'm gonna go to kie's" jj says.

"what?" john b says.

"sophie, her dad's girlfriend, she said she was gonna try get kie out. i'm gonna see if she's gotten any further" jj says.

"no.. let me. her dad probably won't flip as much as it's me there" sarah says.

jj looks at sarah. as much as he wants to do it, just so he can be part of it.. because right now he's not really helping, she's right. her dad has known sarah for years. he won't flip as much if it's sarah.

"okay" jj nods.

sarah slides her phone in her pocket as she stands up. "i'll see you soon" she says, before walking out of the chateau.
___________

"hi?" sophie says as she opens the door.

"sophie, right?" sarah says.

sophie furrows her eyebrows.

"i'm sarah. kie's best friend, jj''s sister. well... i was kie's friend long before i was jj's sister. well, long before i knew i was jj's sister. anyways, that's not the point. can i talk to you?" sarah says.

"sure, come in" sophie says. "mike is at work"

"it's about kie" sarah says as she follows sophie inside.

"i thought it would be" sophie says.

"jj mentioned you were gonna try get her out. are you any closer?" sarah says as she walks towards the kitchen counter, where sophie is stood.

"unfortunately.. no. i did try, but i'm not blood related to kie, so i don't have a say. i just know she shouldn't be in there. she doesn't deserve this" sophie says as she ties her brown hair into a ponytail.

"i know. but we're all spiralling without her. she's kinda like the mom of the group... always looking out for us. it's not the same without her. it's not right" sarah says as she takes a seat at the counter.

"who else is in your group?" sophie says, going over to the fridge.

"well, there's my boyfriend, john b. he works at the wreck with mr carrera. then there's pope, and pope's boyfriend, charlie. then there's me, kie and jj" sarah says.

sophie frowns. "i have no control here, but i'll try my absolute best to try and get your group back together, sarah" sophie says.

sarah smiles. "thankyou"
__________

comment and vote please!

sophie is so sweet, what is happening with mike!? poor kie. emily is low-key so smart. i'm also proud of myself for the book metaphor part. kie might be out in the next chapter...

see you soon - molly