chapter 13.

kie, sarah, john b, jj, pope and charlie sit at their normal table in the cafeteria.

"are y'all still down for camping tomorrow?" john b says.

"no" "no" sarah and kie say at the same time.

"come on! it'll be fun" pope says.

"living and sleeping in a forest with bugs is not fun" sarah says.

"come on babe, please" john b says.

sarah sighs as she rolls her eyes. "fine"

"kie?" charlie says.

everyone looks over at kie hopefully. "fine" she sighs.

"yes!" jj says.

"this is gonna be fun" charlie says.

they're all just making small talk when they're interrupted.

"hey boys" a voice says.

they all look over to see a girl, with black hair, with blonde highlights, looking at them. she's wearing thick black boots with some blue jeans and a black jumper.

"no fucking way" jj says as he stands up.

"awh, did y'all miss me?" she says.

jj walks round to her and wraps his arm around her. john b gets up and does the same, then pope does.

"do y'all know who she is?" charlie whispers.

"not a clue" kie shakes her head.

the three boys stand in front of the girl, just talking to her, and completely forgetting about the other three of them sat at the table.

"ehem" sarah coughs.

they all look over at her.

"oh, oh yeah, freya, these are our girlfriends, and for pope, boyfriend" john b says.

freya look at the girls before looking back at the boys.

"really?" she says.

"what?" jj says.

"kooks?" she says. "and out of all of them, sarah cameron?"

"freya" john b warns.

"you can't be serious" she says.

kie and sarah look at each other, before looking back at freya.

"yeah, i am. sarah's my girlfriend. and she also happens to be jj's sister" john b says.

"what?" she says.

"yeah we found out a few months ago" jj says.

sarah shoots her a sarcastic smile.

freya looks at her before looking at kie.

"who's the other one? guessing she's a kook too?" she says.

"this, is my girlfriend, kiara. guys this is our childhood best friend freya. she moved away a few years ago but she's back" jj says.

kie and sarah both look at her.

"i think we were a little more than just best friends, jj" freya raises her eyebrows. kie furrows hers as she looks at jj.

"uhh-" "wow, i can't believe y'all went for kooks. what about what we always used to say? that we hated kooks and shit? they're just snobby and privileged" freya cuts jj off.

"excuse me?" sarah says.

"i'm not wrong. i mean, i've barely known you for 5 minutes and i can already tell you're brats" freya says.

"freya" jj warns.

"what?" she says, folding her arms.

kie chuckles as she stands up. sarah does the same.

"no- guys.." john b says.

kie waits for sarah to catch up with her before they walk off. kie stops and looks at freya.

"for the record, i'm not privileged. nor am i snobby or a brat. and neither is sarah. you should really get to know a person before you judge them" she says, before continuing to walk away.

"kie!" jj calls.

"ooh, wow okay. she's feisty" freya laughs.

"dude" jj says.

"what? everything i said there was truthful and you know it" freya says.

"no, it wasn't. firstly, they aren't snobby and they're not brats. secondly, we weren't more than best friends. sure we hooked up a few times but it was never anything more than that and we both know it" jj says.

freya rolls her eyes and shakes her head as jj sits back down.

"ahem. freya, right? yeah so uhm.. you can't expect to just come over here thinking you own the place, and the boys for that matter, and then start chatting shit about the girls who have been here for these boys more than you have for the past.. year, ish. and i know it may not have been your choice to move but that doesn't give you a right to be a bitch to the ones who took your place, and actually got more than you did. so.. i'd suggest you don't, piss off... sarah and kie.. because they've been through a lot the past few weeks and i'm sure they've got a lot of anger inside of them that they aren't afraid to let out. okay babe?" charlie says before standing up.

freya stands there with her eyebrows raised as charlie walks off to chase the girls.

she looks down at the three guys sat in front of her.

"your uh, partners, seem delightful" she says.

"they actually are when you aren't such a bitch to them" john b says.

"i was just speaking the truth" she says, holding her arms out. "anyways, i gotta go, i'll... see y'all later, or something" she says, walking away.

"bro, she's back?" pope says when she's gone.

"well she was just standing in front of us so... looks like it" jj says.

"guys, i've got a feeling this is gonna cause a few waves, with the girls" john b says.

jj shakes his head. "it already has"

___________

"she's such a bitch" sarah says as her, kie and charlie walk down the corridor.

"i did put her in her place after you guys left, but i agree. she's a massive bitch. who does she think she is?" charlie says.

"she doesn't even know me and she was speaking like that? she literally has no clue who i am" kie says. "and she said her and jj used to be more than just best friends?" she adds. "like, how many bitchy exes of jj's are gonna keep coming back!?"

"they weren't a thing. jj said they hooked up a few times but they were never more than best friends. well, that's what he said to her" charlie says.

kie shakes her head.

"i've got a feeling she's gonna cause some shit to go down in our group, and i'm not excited" she says.

"well, we just have to stay strong like we did with melody. we can't let this bitch destroy our relationships" sarah says.

"you know, i have 2 free periods now. how about we go shopping and get stuff for camping tomorrow, yeah?" charlie says.

kie and sarah both sigh.

"sure" kie says, dragging out the 'sh'

____________

(1103 words)

comment and vote please!

do y'all think freya is gonna cause waves? what do you thinks gonna happen?

also the next chapter is gonna be so fun to write with the camping 🤣