chapter 14.

"okay, come on kie! sarah!" jj calls up the stairs.

"why are we doing this?" kie says to sarah.

"to keep them happy i guess" sarah says.

they both sigh before walking out of the bathroom and down the stairs, towards the boys.

jj claps his hands. "okay! twinkie is loaded, let's go" jj says.

"okay well me and kie need to take my car since we won't all fit in the twinkie" sarah says.

"i'm coming with you guys then, i don't trust you. you'll drive away" jj says.

"okay" sarah says.

they all get in the cars and get ready to go.
___________

freya sits in her room on her bed as she looks through her camera roll. her parents are fighting again downstairs so she's trying to block it out. her parents have been together for years, and still are together, but they just argue over everything. freya is regularly put in the middle too. she grabs her headphones and plugs them into the bottom of her phone, so she can't hear them anymore.

she scrolls through her camera roll from 2019, back when her and the pogues were 14/15. there's photos of them all hanging out together, at the chateau, in the twinkie, at the beach... they used to be together all the time. then her father got a job in charleston and they had to move. then he lost the job and moved back to his old one in outer banks.

she comes across a photo of her and jj. they're sat on the couch in the chateau, and he's resting his head on her shoulder. they're both sticking their middle fingers up. she smiles at it as she remembers the day it was taken.

her and jj's relationship was complicated. they were close, very close. they were never together but they were very flirty and they hooked up quite a few times. then, freya moved away and never spoke to them again. they messaged and called her but she never picked up. they asked her to visit and they asked if they could visit her too but she never did. she just abandoned them.

now they have girlfriends and pope even has a boyfriend. they're doing good. she's pissed them and their partners off by being a complete bitch. and she thinks she still has some sort of feelings for jj. but, he's dating a kook. how does she get rid of her?
__________

"okay, come on" john b says as he steps through the leaves and sticks covering the ground.

"oh my god john b, how much further?" kie says.

"just a couple of minutes" pope says, looking at the map.

"who's idea was it, to sleep in a forest with no beds, no hot water and no wifi!?" sarah says as she waves her hands around, trying to get rid of a fly.

"jj's" charlie says.

"jj, i love you, but i hope you get eaten by a bug or something" sarah says.

"eaten by a bug..?" jj says, trying to contain his laughter.

"shut up" sarah says.

night comes around quite quickly. they're all sat in their tents. sarah is sat with jj and kiara, and john b is with pope and charlie.

"okay, jj" sarah says, shuffling into a different position.

"yeah?" he says.

"what's the deal with this freya chick?" sarah says.

"deal?" he says.

"how long she's gonna be here for?" sarah says.
"why she's such a bitch?" kie adds.
"what happened between you and her when she was here?" sarah adds.
"why we've never heard of her before?" kie adds.
"if she's gonna cause waves with the group?" sarah adds.