- 𝐕 -

You couldn't focus at work. You kept thinking about what Mirae said the other night. Because of that, you didn't realize the cup that you're filling with hot water is almost overflowing.

"Y/N! The cup is filling up!" Heeseung ran towards you.

It's too late, the hot water has spilled everywhere and on your hand.

"Oh my God, Y/N. Are you okay? Let me see your hand."

Heeseung took your hand and checked if you're injured, while you just stayed quiet staring at your hand.

"Y/N.. your hand is cold.. are you alright?" he was even more worried.

"Oh, it's fine, Heeseung. I'm usually like this, you can get back to what you were doing and I'll clean this up." you said, getting a handkerchief beside the coffee machine.

When you're about to bow down, Heeseung quickly catched your hand.

"Y/N, I think you're sick. Let's get home. I'll clean this up later."

"Heeseung really, I'm okay. See? I'm fine, I'm not hurt at all." You showed your hand to him which seemed normal.

"You're very cold. I'm sure the aircon isn't that cool. It's alright, I'll talk to uncle Joohyun later. Let's go home." Heeseung fights back your words and insists that you go home.

At last, you obeyed him and went home together.

-

"Here Y/N, I made you a soup." Heeseung brought a bowl of warm soup that smelled delicious and fed you.

"How is it?" he asked, waiting for your feedback after you tasted it.

"It's really good!" you exclaimed, giving two thumbs up on him.

He smiled and ruffled your hair.

"You're so cute. How can you still pretend to be cheerful like this when you're sick? You're really cool, Y/N."

You stayed silent and just stared at him for a moment. How can someone be so perfect like Heeseung? All the horrible things you heard in Nightdom about humans.. they're all made up. Heeseung is nothing like those humans the vampires talk about.

You sighed and whispered. "I might not want to go back there because of you."

"Huh?" Heeseung thought he heard you say something.

"Nothing, haha..." you just laughed nervously.

"Okay..."

Crap. Did he hear that? If he did, my life here would have ended.

After feeding you soup, Heeseung tucked you in so you can sleep.

"Just rest, okay? I'll be at the cafe, just call me if you need anything."

"Okay, thank you, Hee."

Heeseung chuckled hearing that from you.

"You called me by my nickname." he said.

"Sorry, it just slipped through my mouth.." you apologized thinking it was uncomfortable for him.

"No, I loved it. Keep calling me "Hee" from now. Got it?"

"O-okay..."

With that, Heeseung left to continue working, while you still stay in bed. Daydreaming.

"Wow Y/N. Your cheeks are as red as human blood. Makes me thirsty.." Mirae suddenly appeared and teased you.

"Shoot, really?" you got up and looked in the mirror. What Mirae said was true, your cheeks are really really red.

"I know how you feel about him. But you know the consequences of falling in love with a human."

"I know. It's hard for me to control my feelings, Mirae. I can't fall in love. It'll surely hurt myself." you slammed your body against the bed, facing the ceiling of your apartment.

"You'll get through this. I'll make sure to bring you back to the kingdom as soon as possible."

Your mood became even worse after hearing Mirae's words.

"Do I really have to go back?" you said, finally facing Mirae.

"Hold a minute. You're saying you don't want to go back? Let me guess. Is it all because of Heeseung? You don't know him well, Y/N. He might be.. a trouble.. like other humans."

"No, he's not. He's not that kind of person. Didn't you see how he took care of me?"

"Yeah.. but-"

"I don't wanna hear it, Mirae. I'm tired." you cut Mirae's words and dozed off.

That night, Heeseung knocked on your door to check you up. Luckily, you're awake so you let him in.

"Hi, Y/N.. are you feeling better?" he asked as soon as he saw you.

"Yep. Never better! Your soup really helped me a lot."

"Glad to hear that. I brought you a cheesecake from the cafe. Uncle Joohyun was worried about you." Heeseung took out the cake and put in in your fridge.

"You don't have to, Hee.."

"It's fine, Y/N. As long as you're healthy." he said with a cheeky smile.

"It's pretty late, you should take a rest. You must've been really tired, having to work and take care of me..."

"Alright then, I'll come pick you up in the morning. Good night, Y/N." Heeseung said.

"Good night, Hee."

It's a huge disaster. What if you really fell in love with this guy? Are you ready to face the consequences?