- 𝐈𝐈𝐈 -

Apparently you woke up early the next day despite the sleeping problem you had the night before. You quickly showered and got ready for the day.

"Here's your brand new phone! It's got your number in it. You can finally give it to Heeseung later." said Mirae, handing you your phone. "And one more thing. You need to get a job, Y/N. You're practically alone in this world so.. there's no mother and father or servants to provide you with everything."

You were quick to be slapped by reality.

"I think you should talk with Heeseung about it. Remember how he has a job offer for you? Take it before someone else does!" advised Mirae.

Just right on time, there was a knock on your apartment door. It was Heeseung!

"Hey, Y/N. I brought you donuts for breakfast. I made some extras from the cafe yesterday." Heeseung said, giving you a container with four colorful circle looking breads with a hole in the middle of each one inside.

"Thank you, Heeseung. Oh, and by the way, is your job offer still available?" you asked. "Yeah! Let's talk more at the cafe."

With that, you and Heeseung walked to a cafe near the apartment building.

"Morning, Hee. I see you brought a friend." a man in his early fifties greeted Heeseung from the counter.

"Hi, uncle. Yeah, this is Y/N. We just met yesterday and got along pretty well." Turns out it's his uncle. So the cafe must be his.

"Hello, sir." you just bowed to greet back Heeseung's uncle.

"Please, just call me uncle Joohyun. Hm, everyone actually calls me that. Nice to meet you, Y/N! Welcome to my cafe!" uncle Joohyun welcome you warmly.

"Let's sit here, Y/N." Heeseung then points to a table with two seats. You nod and sit across from him.

"I actually work here. My parents live in another town, but since I graduated out of college here, I decided to help my uncle run the cafe. Surprisingly I enjoy working as a barista." he said.

You stayed silent, confused again. "Barista?" you asked him, tilting your head.

"Uh-huh. I usually make coffee and other sorts of drinks. Sometimes desserts too." he explained.

"I see.."

Uncle Joohyun then came to you and Heeseung's table with a tray that had two drinks on it. He placed a drink that seemed to be coffee in front of Heeseung and some sort of tea in front of you.

"A cappuccino for my nephew and lemon tea for Y/N. Enjoy!"

Luckily aunt Dahee has made you try lemon tea before, so you just sipped from the straw. It tastes sweet and fresh. At that point you just made your choice to be a permanent customer at the cafe.

"So, about the job offer.. I'm actually offering you to work here with me! Apparently we're looking for other baristas to work here." Heeseung offered with a bright smile on his face.

"Really?? But.. I'm not really good at making drinks though.." you said, feeling worried that you might ruin everything if you work at the cafe. "You can make desserts instead!" Heeseung replied, still offering.

It might be a good thing you thought. Since you also like baking various desserts back at the castle, you could take this opportunity with your skills.

"Sure! I'll also learn to make coffee as well." you accepted Heeseung's offer happily. "We'll make sure to pay you well. So, when can you start?" he asked.

"Anytime!" you said, then sipping on your lemon tea again. "Great! And.. can I have your number now?" Heeseung asked you the same question like he did yesterday. Now, you don't have any worries about not having a number.

"Of course! Here's my number." you both then exchange numbers.

"I have to start my shift soon, maybe I can teach you how to make some drinks?" Heeseung said after saving your number on his phone.

"Yeah, I'd love that."

You spend that day learning how to make coffees and regular cakes and puddings with the help of Heeseung and uncle Joohyun. Good thing you're a fast learner, you quickly picked up and were excellent in making your first raspberry cake.

"Wow, Y/N! You truly have talents!!" uncle Joohyun exclaimed after tasting the cake that you made. "I agree!" said Heeseung which made you blush slightly because of his compliment. You smiled happily and continued learning to make other things.

You were so busy that you didn't notice it's getting dark outside the cafe. The cafe was pretty crowded that day and you were happy that you could at least help out in serving and taking orders. Shortly after that, the cafe closed. You and Heeseung are currently mopping the floor and wiping the tables while uncle Joohyun cleans up the counter area.

"Thanks for all your help today, Y/N. I really mean it." said Heeseung in the middle of mopping. "It was a really fun experience! I really enjoyed my first day." you smiled. "Y/N, you have a very beautiful smile. But why aren't you showing your teeth? Is it a habit where you don't show your teeth when you smile?" Heeseung suddenly asked an unexpected question.

"Y-yeah.. it's kind of my habit since I was little I don't know why... but I'll try to show my teeth more." you said just thinking what are you gonna do with your fangs. Heeseung totally can't find out if you're a vampire, or not he'll stay away from you.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfy. It's okay, your smile is beautiful no matter what." he smiled and winked at you before continuing to mop.

Man, is he hitting on me? Or is it just his personality?

Just like yesterday, you both walked home together and parted ways in front of your apartment door.

"How was your first day job, Y/N? It must be fun." asked Mirae as soon as you stepped into your studio. "Yup! It totally was. But... Mirae?"

"Yes?"

"What about my fangs..? I can't just keep it hidden forever.. Heeseung was so curious about it." you complained to Mirae about your fangs problem.

"Hm.. we haven't thought about that. I think I should ask Mrs. Dahee about this. She'll know what to do. Don't worry Y/N. I'll be back tomorrow morning." said Mirae.

"Oh, okay..."

Finally, you got Heeseung's number and a good job. Maybe life in the human world isn't so bad after all?