- 𝐈𝐈 -

You and Mirae arrived in a small apartment studio that your parents prepared. It consists of a single bed, a wardrobe, a desk with a black rectangle looking object above it, a small kitchen area and a bathroom.

"Mirae? We only have one bed. Where will you sleep?" you asked Mirae, while she already starts to observe the situation around the studio.

"Oh! Don't worry about me, Y/N. I'll be fine! Well, you need to organize your belongings now, let me help you!" said Mirae. Looks like she already has an agenda planned out for you.

After a few hours of unpacking, you lay on your bed, taking deep breaths. "Will I be able to do this?" you said to yourself, forgetting that Mirae is still there, sitting on the chair beside the desk. "Yes, you will! I will help you as much as possible, Y/N." Mirae smiled sweetly at you and continued scribbling on her notebook that she brought.

It was a bright day when you and Mirae arrived. You might be thinking, how could a vampire survive in the daylight? It's simple actually. Aunt Dahee applied a special sunscreen before your departure that wouldn't wash off unless you return to Nightdom.

"Y/N, shall we go for a walk outside? I saw there's an open park nearby." asked Mirae. "Sure."

It's surely a weird experience for you. Totally the first time you feel the sun heat, plus you're not burnt.

As you are walking through the park, you see a guy sitting on one of the park benches, closing his eyes while wearing a strange object on his head.

"Huh? Mirae, what is that guy wearing on his head?" you asked, completely confused. "Oh, that is called headphones. Humans use them to listen to music! Do you want to try them?" said Mirae, making you nod your head as a sign that you understood. "Maybe later."

You both decided to sit at a bench beside the guy's bench. Not gonna lie, you were mesmerized by how charming he looks. Even though he's just wearing a hoodie and sweats, you can feel your heart taking an interest in him.

"You kept looking at him the entire time. Do you want to say hi?" It turns out Mirae had been noticing your strange behavior. "Uhm... I don't know, should I?" you rub the back of your neck, feeling unsure.

"Go for it! It's your chance to make a friend here."

"Okay..."

You began to stand up and approached the guy who's still slightly bopping his head following the rhythm of his music.

"Hi..." you then greeted him in a stutter and small voice to the point where he doesn't hear you. The guy stayed silent, not responding. You glanced back at Mirae, wanting some help, while she just supported you from afar. This is so embarrassing.

Because of the embarrassment that is haunting you, you decided to just tap on his shoulder a few times until he's aware of your appearance. It worked!

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just lost in my head for not noticing you there. Can I help you?" The guy finally responded with a sweet voice. Oh bless my ears.

"I'm actually new to this town so I was thinking if we could be friends?" you said, still with a stutter. "Of course! I'm Heeseung. Lee Heeseung. You?" Even his name is attractive.

"I'm Park Y/N." you then introduced yourself, shaking hands with Heeseung. "Nice to meet you, Y/N. Where do you live?" Heeseung asked again.

"I live at the apartment studio right there!" you pointed to a building right behind you and him.

"I guess we're neighbors then." Heeseung said with the most beautiful smile you've ever seen. Your heart is definitely not okay.

"Really? Wow!" you were very much surprised. Is this what is called fate?

"Yeah. I live on the fourth floor. You must be on the third, it has been empty for quite a while." he said.

"Oh, I see..."

"Where do you work, Y/N?"

"Uh.. I actually don't have a job yet, haha.." Yep, you're jobless. Sadly your parents didn't prepare you a job, so let's say you only have a small savings for your meal for the next three days.

"I can offer you a job if you want." Heeseung offered. Did I just meet a real angel? Why is he so nice towards me? We literally just met ten minutes ago.

"I don't know yet.. can you give me time to think?" you asked, like usual, rubbing the back of your neck. "Sorry if I'm hurrying you." he apologized. Again. You really can't get over how sweet and generous he is.

"No, no, it's okay! I just need time to make a choice, that's all."

After a whole two hours of chatting, you both walked together to the studio, since you live in the same building. Well, you obviously forgot Mirae and kept giving your attention to Heeseung until you both reached the third floor, your place.

"Oh, here it is." you said to Heeseung, preparing to say goodbye. "Yup. Nice talking with you, Y/N. Oh right, can I get your number?" he asked you straightforwardly. You were confused by his question. My number? Do I even have a number? What?

"Sorry again. I must be too straightforward. Anyway, it's getting dark. You should take a rest. Goodbye, Y/N." he smiled and waved at you, then continued walking up the stairs.

"Oh, shit. My number? Is that supposed to be a pick-up line that I didn't get? I'm so stupid."

"Yeah.. you kinda missed it. But it's fine, I'll teach you everything about technology. Let's go inside!" Mirae suddenly appears out of nowhere, making you realize that you left her at the park.

It wasn't easy for you to fall asleep that night. Not because of the worry you had about this human world. It's just, your mind keeps thinking of a specific person that might make you believe in love at the first sight.